Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween 2013!

It was a pretty festive day.  Ross went to his pre-school where they had a cute Halloween party - he came home and thoroughly enjoyed his candy corn.  He enunciates every part of that word, "candee Korn" - I love it!  He kept saying, "I LIKE candy corn!  I like candy corn!"  Well...who doesn't?  We're all saying it in our hearts anyway.
This girl Is in fact too cute it's scary :)

Ross's ghost glows in the dark - he thought it was AWESOME - maybe because he got to use a flashlight to charge it as well.  Another silly "cheese" face :)

These two are SO over looking at me.

We played with our friend Jack afterwards, baked some pumpkin cookies and then after naps, we invited some friends over to our BYOCP party (Bring your own carved pumpkin party).  We had pizza, bread, veggies, dip and drinks.  Oh yes - and of course, pumpkin cookies (those babies were ALL gone by the end and I had made a double batch...mmmm - can't pass up a good pumpkin cookie)  Delish!  I'm all for take out for parties - it was SO easy.
Some of the crowd

More crowd - it's how we roll - chillin' with kids crawling everywhere.

Cheerleader Paige and Rubes having some girl talk.

Rubes checkin' in with her pumpkin boyfriend Henry - they are on the same page being just 2 weeks a part.  Every time I see that kid I just want to kiss his cheeks to death...well every baby, but this guy has got some knock out cheeks!  Poor Ruby - she just can't get away from me and has to suffer kisses all the time.

Our little apartment was busting at the seams a bit, so some of the kids spilled out onto the playground after eating.  We voted on the carved pumpkins and passed out the awesome prizes. ;)  A Sees Candy gift certificate (I won one last year - it was well used.  We thought we'd keep the tradition up this year.), I Married a Monster Alien movie from the 50's, and The Piano Guys CD.

The contestants.  The 1st place winner was the eyeball in between the pink painted pumpkin and the sinister smiling pumpkin. 2nd place was the spiderman, and 3rd, was the scarecrow pumpkin chillin' against the fence.

We attracted a live pumpkin!  Is it the Great Pumpkin? He is pretty cute.

Maybe he should have been the real winner...
 
This one's pretty cute too.  EVERY baby has to be a pumpkin in my book - even if it's for a moment. :)


I love pumpkin babies!

We also had some Amigos visit us from the Woods...three of them to be exact. :)

It was fun to get together in costumes before it got dark for the trick or treating.  I felt much more festive this way!
 
I can fix it!


"Alright...get that back in it's holder"

Fix it Felix!  Woot Woot!

Vanellope Von Schweetz...in the flesh

There's our smile!

"I'm gonna wreck it!"

"All right, ladies! The kitten whispers and tickle fights stop now!"                              "Doomsday and Armageddon just had a baby and IT IS UGLY!"

After we got ready, fired up the jack-o-lanterns, and headed to the trunk or treat which was extremely bare this year!  Our first year we were cleaned out in five minutes.  Last year we were late and were stuck with the candy, and this year we were also late, but everyone was leaving a half hour into it.  Lame!  We drove to one of Steve's patients' houses to do a little trick or treating which was fun and then headed home to throw kids in bed (gently - gently throw).

Ready to go!

The trick or treater!

We met up with one of our best buddies, Wes the skeleton.

This girl was so sweet she didn't need any sweets!
 

It was super fun!  We love ourselves a good Halloween - here's to another happy one next year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment