Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ruby 9 Months!

This month has been CRAZY!  But Ruby turned 9 months anyway - the stinker pants just can't give us an inch before she up and gets a month older.  Also - taking pictures of her just got a million times harder!
 
I still got a cute smile :)

This little beauty has been movin' and groovin' - which has slimmed her cute little bum down leaving her at 21lbs 10oz - at the 86th percentile for her weight, her height is 29 inches - also the 86th percentile, and her head circumference is 17 7/8 inches - 83rd percentile.  

This little girl has progressed from doing a very efficient army crawl to the full blown all fours crawl.  She is picking up speed too.  Eyes always have to be on her - her shoe fetish also continues.  The novelty of crawling seems to be not enough for Ruby...she is also pulling herself up on things while still on her knees.  She's quite pleased with herself.  She hasn't tackled the stairs yet (thank goodness), but, give her a week - I'll probably be reporting about it soon.  


This is how the couch shot went - haha - cute belly :)



Papers are just so cool

Patty-cake is her ultimate favorite game.  She LOVES clapping and will clap for anything and anyone.  She loves when you draw the "B" on her belly too - I always get a Ruby chuckle out of her.  It's incredibly adorable.  

She is definitely a party girl.  She likes to plop herself right in the middle of where everyone is, find an interesting toy and start chewing on it while watching and laughing at whoever is around her.  Her favorite toy is a suction cup ball that sticks to the window when you throw it.  You can expect a very loud protest when you take it away.  That and the traffic signs for Ross's train set are the current favs (both ones she SHOULDN'T be playing with of course).  
 
Blanket shot - no go.  :)


Seriously - papers are awesome!


Lately Ruby has been waking up once a night.  Whenever I go in there to find her binky (which she also sometimes enjoys throwing out of her crib) and lay her back down - she's so happy to see me...and then completely devastated when it dawns on her that I'm not staying - like I just told her we can't be friends anymore or something.  It's sad, because I know she would be nothing but pleasant if I did get her up and hold her for a while, but, seriously folks, at 3AM - I am not feeling so pleasant.  Poor thing - but she seems to get over it when I get her up at the real time she's allowed to wake up - 7:30-8.


Her routine has been going as follows: 7:30-8 wake up, nurse, breakfast of cereal and a fruit (usually prunes still), playtime with Ross, nap around 9:30-10 until 11:30 or noon, nurse, lunch fruit, vegetable, cheerios, go outside, for a walk, or some more play time, nap at 2 (same as brother) until 4, nurse, look at books, puzzles, play time while mom makes dinner, dinner around 5:30-6.  Play until Daddy comes home, hang out with dad, bath around 7:15, pjs, scriptures, prayers, stories, nurse around 8 or 8:30, songs and rocking, bedtime.
This is a GREAT pic - too bad it was blurry - boo.

This girl is COMPLETELY adorable.  I look at her and my heart completely melts.  I didn't think it could do that again with how adorable Ross is, but she does it - that little sweetie is just nothing but happiness.  She has a voice on her for sure when she wants something, but she is so happy all the time.  
 
I tried to put a piece of tape on her finger to keep her still - it sort of worked...until she sucked it off. :)

She's also discovered her first word, "Dada."  The other day I was holding her and she looked up at Steve on the couch, leaned towards him, and said, "Dada!"  My kids really love their dad.  I've been trying to get her to say "Mama" which she tried once for me, but Dada is just so much more fun (he really is fun though guys - Ross will attest to that).  

I keep thinking she's teething (which I still think she is) since she has a little bulge on her bottom left front tooth area.  I'm trying to soak in her toothless smile as long as I can.  She's pretty drooly, but still quite happy - so we'll see.

Her hair is coming in more - I think it's going to stick to brown.  I can sometimes keep a very small bow clip in her hair.  I can't wait until I can actually start doing something with it.  Right now, her hair is sporting the A-line cut (since she's still growing back the mullet section I buzzed off) which is still cute.     


She's quite the shake weight.  People will ask to hold Ruby and promptly get worn out while she squirms and maneuvers in their arms to be able to try and see everything at once or tries to get down.  Church is a real peach trying to keep her in one place - let me tell you!

Fav's of Rubes:
Banana Mixed Berry fruits
Patty-cake
Still being tickled
Laughing at Ross
Listening to you sing her songs
My blue gem necklace (it entertains her for like 15 minutes at a time at church)
Pushing buttons with her entire hand - especially ones that make sounds or light up.
Feeding herself - she prefers it to me feeding her any day. (While sometimes Ross reverts back to wanting me to spoon feed him - what is it with these kids?)
Her face is hilarious :)

I just love this little girl.  Her personality is becoming more and more defined.  She is just happy about life and who she is.  She wants to be involved and progressing all the time.  She's interested in everything around her all the time.  She adores her brother and is still always ready to laugh at him.  She and her daddy also have a special relationship.  I can just see the way they look at each other and know they just adore each other.  She always has a beautiful, loving look for me too - she's my little friend.  We just love her so much! 
 
Love her!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment