We got to have Steve home for the weekend so he cooked us a delicious pancake breakfast before it started and we enjoyed soaking in all the talks that were given. I know that we have a Prophet on the earth today. A modern day one. I know that we have the true Priesthood and authority within Christ's true church, and I know that the only way to be happy is to follow our Savior's example and cherish our families always. Everything else in life seems to fade away or become unimportant compared to the everlasting Gospel that is offered to us. It's the way to make us better and more perfected as we strive to progress throughout our lives.
![]() |
| This is our United States pancake - yes it was delicious |
![]() |
| Enjoying the spread |
It was a wonderful weekend and I can't wait to go back and read these talks again.
We've also been trying to have better family home evenings once a week. We've done pretty well the last few weeks including parading the Title of Liberty around our house (aka we covered our broom with paper towels) proclaiming "Title of Liberty!" Ross LOVED it - especially the running part. Holding to the rod (aka using our vacuum cord to lead Ross to his toy box where fruit snacks awaited him), and last night, The Loaves and the Fisheswhich Ross again loved since it involved Goldfish. :)
![]() |
| Ruby REALLY wanted some too |
![]() |
| Ross was SO happy there ended up being more than enough of the five "loaves" and two "fish" to share with everyone. :) |
He's doing well learning the scripture stories and knowing more who Jesus is. It touches my heart in every way. This week I keep catching him singing "I am a Child of God" which is the most beautiful thing in the world. He has such a sweet spirit about him. How can you not believe in God when you see these beautiful children? They are so beautifully innocent and perfect. I'm so grateful to have a testimony that there IS in fact a God, our Heavenly Father who loves each one of us and wants us to learn and grow, go through good times and bad, so that we may be like Him someday and return to Him. He truly hears and answers our prayers. I love Him with all my heart.
Also - I'm FINALLY an aunt! It only took almost 30 years! My brother-in-law and sister-in-law just had their first boy, Alex, on the 4th of October. He's got a bunch of hair and is adorable. So happy for them. And SO glad to have another cute baby in the family and not be the one going through labor for it. :)
Oh how I love my life!






No comments:
Post a Comment