![]() |
| "Let's do this mom!" |
![]() |
| Every once in a while I get a really good pic - this is one of them. :) He's GORGEOUS! |
![]() |
| Nothin' like an umbrella while you're singin' in the rain. |
![]() |
| Great postcard picture right? :) |
It wasn't very cold, just incredibly rainy and wet. Ross's favorite puddle is located near our mailboxes...I should really call it a small pond for toddlers. You can see now why he likes it right? We tromped through it, stomped, jumped, hopped, and skipped (well he's still learning) while singing, "The Ants Go Marching" and "It's Raining, It's Pouring" at the top of our lungs. We also found a sweet awesome worm that was trying to find a place to hang out during the downpour. Our activity would go as follows: stomp around the puddle while singing one of our songs, remember the worm, run back to check on him to make sure he was still there, followed by another round of jumping in the puddle. Repeat, repeat, repeat.
![]() |
| Ross in our miniature pond of a puddle! |
![]() |
| Love the raindrops all around him. |
![]() |
| Sportin' the soaked pants and trying to let the rain actually get directly in the boots. :) |
![]() |
| A pretty fun day! |
Once I noticed Ross's pants looking especially soaked (I decided toddler rain boots should really be waders if you even hope to have your kid come out of puddle jumping undrenched.) I thought we should probably call it quits even though he wasn't complaining about his pants clinging to his legs. We made it inside and de-rainified our attire. As I went to pull off Ross's boots, I heard some sloshing around. I looked in both of them and AT LEAST 1/3 of his boots were filled with water. (I think even a week later, his boots STILL are drying out.) You see why toddlers should have waders now? I poured out the water - it was like in the movies where it's like a never-ending fountain streaming from your boots, and completely changed Ross's clothes since nothing really made it without part of all of it getting wet.
Afterwards we just HAD to enjoy some hot chocolate. Ross was EXTREMELY excited about this. Especially since our Cocoamotion (anyone who loves hot chocolate should have one of these) wasn't so noisy like our blender is. Then, when he actually tasted it, he died and went to heaven. He keeps asking for it now - like it should be a staple in our house (well - truthfully I'd also like it to be a staple here...my hips can't afford it though). I think he also liked having it in a mug.
![]() |
| This kid is the pro at making hot chocolate. :) Just ask him for some - I'm pretty sure he'd share. :) |
![]() |
| Sampling the goods |
![]() |
| Yum! |
![]() |
| Ready for more |
![]() |
| Ross is pointing out that my hot chocolate is "hot." Thanks for the heads up buddy! :) Headband piece bestowed upon me by my husband! Love him! |
Well when it rains and it's nap time, and you're a stay at home mom - sometimes you just have to give in to the guilty pleasure romance novel! I got sucked into the book Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson - it was clean, in the 1800's, and a bit cheesy - hence the guilty pleasure. Since it was written by someone nowadays some of the dialogue and descriptions didn't really match the tone and culture of the time period. I liked it nonetheless.
Of course I finished it in the middle of the night (since the build up for the relationship went all the way to the end) and then promptly woke Steve up demanding he give me a romantic good night kiss which then was followed by my interrogating him as to why he doesn't constantly write me passionate love letters or poems about my beauty and how captivating I am. When he finally woke up enough and realized I had been reading a romance novel, he just laughed at me and told me not to be silly - that he loves me all the time. I then told him he better start wooing me again and planning romantic dates. I'll let you know how it turns out. ;)













No comments:
Post a Comment