Thursday, September 26, 2013

Happy Fall!

It seems Oregon kindly hung on to summer until that last possible second.  We had some toasty temperatures for quite some time.  Then, when the first day of autumn presented itself, Oregon seemed to let down its walls and let the rain dancing begin.  It's been nice and cool as well which has been a nice change to be honest.  I don't mind the rain here.  It's quite refreshing to me actually.  
We've spent most of our time around here.  Steve's work schedule has been a bit all over the place and he's ended up working 10 out of 11 days this last week, 12 hour shifts each day...I am not a fan of the hospital work setting to say the least.  He works in Portland, so sharing a car is not really an option with how early he goes and late he gets done.  So, we hang around home for the most part and find things to do here.  :)
 
Ross and his buddy Wes holding hands on the way to the library.


Some library play time.  Ruby wanted what everyone else was playing with.

How could you not want to give this little somethin' whatever she wants? :)

September 19th was National Talk Like a Pirate Day.  If you dressed up as a pirate you got a free dozen donuts at Krispy Kremes.  We all love a good donut - as well as exploiting our children for them. :)
A front shot

A Thug Shot :)

Ross doing some modeling (pirate attire thanks to my friend Kristen)

Ross's "AaRrrrrrr"

Boys out playin.  Ross got to ride in our neighbor's toy jeep - he LOVED it!


This is how Ross sits when he's watching a "little show" :)

Smiley girl

Ruby LOVES pushing buttons - it entertains her for at least 15-20 minutes at a time.  Ross's garbage truck is perfect for pushing buttons. :)  He's so nice to share with her :)


 Ruby has really been into clapping too. :)  She likes to clap her hands while she stomps her feet at the same time while laying down - she's her own circus!


We also braved the weather and headed to the beloved Farmer's Market

She's just happy to be there!

This kid downed half of my strawberries buy - he's been sucked in to the berry obsession like the rest of us here in Oregon.

And he's totally happy to be sucked in!

Ruby is on the rampage.  She's gone from a mosying little army crawl to a full blown I-need-to-be-in-the-middle-of-whatever-action-is-going-on army crawl.  Heaven help us when she gets completely up on her hands and knees.  I have had to have my eyes on her WAY more often.  


We've also find this girl has a shoe fetish!  Anytime she spots a shoe, she's on it like a fat kid on chocolate.  Seriously.  I'm pretty sure we're going to have to adopt the "above the ground" shoe policy soon.  I've also realized I have to start sweeping and vacuuming way more often.  Oh the busy baby days are back. :) She's also way into feeding herself now.  She would rather do it all herself and gets impatient when she's spoon fed, but can't completely control her arms and hands like she'd like to.





Ruby LOVES to observe from her side - all casual like (nice bum picture I know).  She even sleeps on her side too.

Ross has been realizing that Ruby prefers his toys to hers, and he is not so into it.  He's a good sport for the most part.  

Ross has been a pretty good champ for taking his naps lately; however, as of yesterday he realized he can open his door, but hasn't toyed with that yet other than letting himself out after his nap.  We'll see how it goes.


Ross wanted me to take a picture of his plane.

Another "cheese" face

Cute boys horsin' around


Ross wanted to hold Ruby - of course that means pictures need to be taken.  They were snuggling :)



I LOVE these faces.  They are the most beautiful things I get to look at EVERY day.

LOVE my family!!
I, have been on a reading binge lately.  You know how that goes.  Whenever the decision to clean, do laundry, possibly even shower, gets weighed in against reading - you can guess which one gets picked.  It's a serious problem.  I at least feed, clothe, and entertain my kids in between though so I'm good right?  Even if we're eating off of paper plates and wading through laundry while we play? ;)  My current list of books on the menu include Carly's Voice (for my book club) which I have actually been quite intrigued by.  It's about an autistic girl who found a way to communicate when she was 10 by typing on a computer.  It gives a very insightful look into the life and family of an autistic person.  A good read I think.  I'm also starting Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker (recommended by my mom), Edenbrooke, Ender's Game, and Blackmoore.  Nothin' like a good book!

Another read I have been delving into, loaned to me by my friend, Kim, is The Power of Everyday Missionary Work.  It gives some great advice and counsel on how to be a missionary in your every day life.  I like how it mentions that too many people today see talking about religion and your belief in God as taboo or not for the workplace or any place for that matter.  That is exactly how the adversary would have us think.  It really is amazing how many actually do believe in God and really don't have a problem sharing or having that faith in God talked about.  It is never wrong to invite someone to have a better life, to know their Savior, and to know why you are happy or satisfied with your own life.  Being a missionary for the Savior doesn't mean you are forcing your beliefs and religion on someone - it means you are living your life as an example of Him and are always inviting others to be closer to Him through your actions and words.  Anyway - definitely a great read.  I know following the Savior and living His Gospel truly is the most satisfying and fulfilling thing one could ever do with their life - with all my heart I believe and know that. 

So life goes on and we keep trying to be and get a little bit better here in Oregon in our little family.  One day at a time - one blissful day at a time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment