| This was our view - at the top of David's Hill Vineyard - amazing. |
| The setting... |
Amy and Kim threw the party and it was us, the Woods, Horchs, and Steenbliks there. We had salads and appetizers to start. I made my signature Olive Garden salad and we had some delicious bruschetta accompanied by lemonade of course. The for the main course we had salmon with pasta and green beans. I'm not a fish sort of person, but I savored every bit of this salmon. Mmmm - I could totally go for some more right now typing this.
| The guys standing back while we take pictures of the classiness. |
| Cameron was trying to battle the bees. |
| The gals :) |
While we were enjoying our breathtaking view and settling down to eat. As soon as I drizzled the Italian dressing onto the salad we had another guest invite themselves in...quite a few of them actually. A bunch of bees were quite keen on that salad and didn't want to leave us alone. We tried to make it through our salads with some giving up their seats for a while to stay away from them (some of us have issues with bees, and one had never been stung and wanted to keep it that way). Later we thought they would leave us alone, but we had no idea that salmon was also a favorite of theirs. We watched as bees would literally land on a bit of salmon and take a piece that was as big as them and crookedly fly off with it. Did you have any idea that bees liked salmon? I didn't either - it was quite humorous though.
Aside from the bee problem, I very much enjoyed myself with good conversation that ranged from our personal phobias including the claustrophobic feeling of having the bedsheets tucked around you too tight, the feeling of latex balloons, bees, and spiders to favorite foods and things we want in life. All in all - it was a wonderful night.
On a side note, it was the first time we had a paid babysitter - one of the young women from our church. Ross had his buddy Wes there too so it turned out well, if not a little crazy for the babysitter with two best friends bouncing off each others' energy. At least it was all happy bouncing. :) Anyway - it was a great night - quite classy!
No comments:
Post a Comment