I've decided reasoning with children makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes...a lot of times. When simply drinking juice (which Ross always loves) becomes - get a syringe and force it down his throat - I'm at a loss for words. Yes I did end up doing that (with a bit of Miralax included). Ross has turned into a couch potato this week and would even just play with his toys laying down. I allowed this for a total of a day and a half and then decided we needed to get going and get over whatever hit him. He's still getting over it and even more so trying to hold on to all the babying we gave him at the beginning of the week. Little stinker pants. I hate it when he's not feeling well. It breaks my heart. Here's to a better week!
![]() |
| Ross was wanting a pillow in his crib so I made him some pillow cases. :) |
![]() |
| He's quite satisfied. |
![]() |
| Poor sick Ross last Sunday. |
![]() |
| Rubes enduring some tummy time. |
![]() |
| Cutie Pants |
![]() |
| A pic of me...trying to keep sanity. |
In our attempt to keep going I got brave and decided to go to the Oceanside beach with the kids while Steve was at school since the weather was so incredibly nice. I am quite proud of myself actually. I did have wonderful friends to help me still, but slowly I'm starting to get the mom-of-two thing down a little better.
My friend Kim and I carpooled to finagle the kiddos - and we only had to stop once to get the right water out and some sun out of a face which we counted as a success. :)
I was worried mostly about Ruby, but planned to have a little tent for her to block the wind and give her some shade. Surprisingly, she was a little dreamboat and did amazing with the car ride and hanging out at the beach. It was Ross who had the most trouble. Apparently it's been too long since he had his feet in the sand, because he HATED it. I had put him in his new sandals and his friend Wes started burying his feet in the sand (which, I suppose, was not okay). Ross couldn't handle it and refused to walk on any dry sand at all. We had to go back to the car and get his actual shoes for him to even be okay. He dug in the sand a little and laid on my lap while I nursed Ruby. We managed to have some fun - and I was SO happy to hang out in the sun so we did okay. I decided we will be going to the beach MUCH more to get rid of this "no-sand-on-my-feet" thing with Ross. That and maybe take Daddy with us next time to play. :)
| Rubies set up - she's happy in the tractor tent at the beach - we're good. |
| Ross refusing to step onto the dry sand and calling for me to come get him... |
| Still not moving |
| Not quite getting that we're AT THE BEACH!! Time to have fun!!! :) |
| We did find some fun eventually. :) |
| He guesses digging might be tolerable. |
| Yes she was spitting up when I took the picture - love her eyes though. :) |
| Ruby's chosen position for her nap - one happy beach girl. |
| Some beach bum friends - Davin and Naomi - who DIDN'T have a problem having their feet in the sand. |
| Marci in her VERY appropriate beach hat. |
| A cute sand face |
| Kim and Wes hunting for shells |
| Hooray for a reason to wear sunglasses! |
| Just so you know we DID get this kid to smile eventually. |
| He missed his daddy. |
| And needed a popsicle |
| Now he's content |
| Ruby relaxing as usual. :) |









No comments:
Post a Comment