Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2013

We got back from Utah on Saturday afternoon.  I still haven't unpacked - that's besides the point though (it's at least all clean laundry since I did it before we left to come back).  Okay - back on point.  We had time to get the Easter bunny sorted - though Ross has no idea who the Easter bunny is - we didn't talk to him about it.  The baskets got sorted and eggs were hard boiled ready for dying the night before.  We woke up for a very festive Wheaties breakfast, :)  and set to egg dying...
Ross was super excited to do some egg dying.  He always has to have his "chair" when he helps in the kitchen.

Once he got ahold of the egg dipper, he never let it go.


Love this beauty in PJs. :)

Daddy got artsy. :)  Ross is just counting down for when we can get the eggs out.


Yes!  It's time!


Super fun!

It wore this little girl out :)

We did get some Bumbo time in.  I have a feeling she's going to be too big for this WAY too soon!

Afterwards we scrubbed up and went to church for some great meetings - other than we were late so we had to sit on the chairs...where Ross can get out and try to run around.  He had to be taken out (again - out of the chapel - not physically!) for the rest of the meeting.  He managed to fall asleep in nursery - I seriously am amazed that could happen! - and was pretty grumpy for the next few hours after one of the kids woke him up and he was disoriented. :)  We did some Easter baskets and a mini hunt before we headed over to our friends' the Jaggis (you say it like "Ya - gees").  It's funny - we've only hung out with them a few times at other people's houses and every time we go away saying we need to hang out with them more.  We had a great time eating turkey, homemade rolls, salad, and mashed potatoes.  For dessert we had pavlova - I LOVED it on my mission and it was every bit delicious as I remember!  
The kids went hunting for the eggs...which just ended up with them kicking them around - good thing there was nothing in them. :)  We hid each other's mini Easter baskets Rebecca had made, hunted for them, visited some more and had a great night. :)

Attempting Easter Pictures - Ross wouldn't put down his cheerio cup and Ruby wanted her binky.  At least Daddy's happy. :)

Ross looked SO handsome in his Easter outfit Grammy Joanne got him. 

Cute boys :)

Ruby really didn't want to cooperate! 

So we gave in and gave her the binky.  Doesn't she look adorable in her dress!

Please don't pay attention to the background...okay now that you have -I'm sorry for the randomness of that. :)  Ross looks handsome though - even if my head it cut off and Ruby is just barely holding it together. :)


I did get ONE smile out of her! :)

My muscular men. ;)

This family pic was taken AFTER church :)  Note how happy the kids are. :)

Ross loves marshmellows - so Peeps were pretty amazing to him. :)

Steve LOVED his Cadbury Caramel egg :)

Ruby got Ross's old sunhat, some binkies, and some flower bows. :)

Ross and his friend Jack playin'

Egg hunting!

Something was really funny apparently. :) 

We ended up gathering all the eggs - after all the kicking was done. :)

Ross loves holding Ruby - in all her chubbiness. :)

I LOVE my children! :)

Mostly I loved remembering the whole reason for Christ's Atonement on Easter.  I'm so grateful He died for us, and lives for us now.  I'm grateful to know the Resurrection is real and that, if I am repentant, I can be forgiven for the things I've done wrong and feel happiness and peace in my life.  I know that Christ knows me personally and understands who I am and what I need to help me become better.  I am so glad to have another extra special day in the year to remember Him and His sacrifice more fully.  I'm so grateful for this knowledge.  Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment