The whole reason we went was so that we could have our family around when we blessed Ruby. We were going to do it here in Oregon, but it seemed to make more sense for us to go down to Utah when we had the time.
Ruby's blessing day was wonderful. We woke up, scrubbed ourselves clean, and headed to church.
The grandpa's happened to be too far apart from each other so Ross kept darting across the aisle to get to each grandpa to hang out during the Sacrament meeting. Also - I found there is a reason why we should have Sacrament meeting first - for sanity's sake! Steve's parents' ward has their other two meetings first and ends with Sacrament meeting. Ross was pretty much done for by the time we got into the chapel. Unfortunately I had to take him out (as in out of the chapel - don't worry he's nice and safe :) ) while Steve went up with his brothers, my brother, our dads, my grandpa and my uncle to bless Ruby. He was crying "Daddy hold you!" thinking Steve was leaving. This was one of those times I wasn't loving how obsessed Ross is with his dad. :) I got to listen to the blessing outside though.
Ruby is so special. I've noticed (as well as many others who have commented to me) that she has especially bright eyes. She seems to take in her surroundings so deeply - especially if it's a person she's looking at. She has that innocence and newness about her that I LOVE in babies. She is so incredibly alert as well. I feel like she can see right through me - there's no hiding anything from her. She is such a happy baby too. She loves to smile and is laughing so much more. She's pleasant to be around and has turned into SUCH a good night sleeper (8 1/2 hours last night!!). She likes to coo and talk and has recently taken a liking to sucking on her right hand. She's just so fun to cuddle and coo at. I love having a girl!
| She is the most beautiful thing EVER! |
| Happy girl. :) |
| Her beautiful bracelet and headband were made by my friend Kristen who is so talented! |
| These were my sister Rachel's shoes she wore when she was blessed. :) |
| I love the ruffle bum! |
Her blessing gave me a lot of comfort. I know she's going to become a strong woman who will be confident in who she is and know the right from wrong. There are so many issues today with how the world portrays women and what it expects of them. I worry so much about her being happy with who she is and not following the bad trends in the world. I know she will do great things with her life. I'm so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Priesthood that is on the earth to help guide and direct us to know the right path to follow to find our true happiness and purpose. I know this is Christ's church and that my life will always be blessed by following our Savior.
After the blessing we went to my parents' and grandma's house for a little luncheon. We were so blessed to have so many family members be able to come. I wish I would have had lots more time to visit with them all. Ruby did really well to with how many people were holding her and me taking seven thousand pictures of her too. We had delicious food organized by my mother and lots of visiting. It was a beautiful day and I'm so glad we were able to share it with family.
| Uncle Dallas holding Ruby for the first time. |
| Yummy food. |
| Lots of fun family here! |
| My Grandpa and Grandma Grenny were so nice to take the time to come. Love them! |
| My Uncle Joe, Aunt Celia, and cousins Aislinn and Cara. |
| My Aunt Renee and Cousin Amber (who's expecting soon!) |
| My cousin Ashely and her husband Tyler who are adopting a little girl in April! So happy for them! |
![]() |
| Grandpa Stan finally got some quality time in with his new granddaughter. :) |
![]() |
| This little guy tanking in some strawberries and playing with a blue ball. |
![]() |
| "Eating!" is what he's telling me. :) |
![]() |
| My Grandma Staheli got some time in with the babe too. :) |
| Suzy, Maren, and I who served in the Young Women program together in our old ward. We had SO much fun! (and insanity) :) |
![]() |
| We started out as newlywed couples. Now were starting to expand! By children I mean. ;) |
![]() |
| Uncle Garrett holding Ruby for the first time - her hand looks like she's telling me she needs some bling on it. ;) |
![]() |
| LOVE this face :) |
![]() |
| Auntie Janae holding Ruby for the first time with Uncle Dallas. |
![]() |
| Our best family picture - can you tell Ross wanted to get down? Steve did a pretty good job keeping a good smile while strapping him down. |
![]() |
| My family :) |
![]() |
| Steve's family :) |
![]() |
| Ross is slowly losing it... |
![]() |
| Grams and Gramps with the babe |
![]() |
| Her face is classic! She was NOT happy without her binky by that point - my parents look amazing though. :) They are so gorgeous! |
![]() |
| Some more Grams and Gramps :) |
![]() |
| Uncle Nate and Auntie Beka |
![]() |
| So Ross and Gramps have the SAME facial expression here :) |
![]() |
| Ruby relaxing after the big day with gramps :) |





















No comments:
Post a Comment