Monday, April 15, 2013

Hanging Out

Well fate has it in for us that times when we're in need of a professional it happens to be the weekend - AFTER closing times.  Whether it be needing a doctor (seriously - every time our kids get sick!), dentist, hula instructor...okay just kidding.  But we really end up having a need when everything is closed. Our car died on Saturday and we didn't realize it wasn't fixable until after 5:30 when all the mechanics close up shop.  Our wonderful friends Jed and Jen helped us out by loaning us their second car until we could get it fixed today.  5 humungous stars for them!  We'll have to concoct something to give them a big thank-you.
Today has been glorious outside so we basked in the rays for a little bit.  We enjoyed them so much I forgot about doing any picture taking - but we had a little shoot inside after lunch before nap time.  
They are SO excited I got out my camera - this NEVER happens ;)

I think Ruby is already totally over the camera - I have it in her face ALL the time.

Ross is BEYOND over the camera.  Actually this is his real stubborn face when he's telling me "no". ;)

Once mom starts getting goofy behind the camera though - I manage to steal some smiles :)


Cheese!  Look at those teeth!  His last top tooth is FINALLY coming in!

This girl sure is happy :)

Ross's lazy playing on the couch -he fell asleep in nursery the other week - I'm pretty sure this is what he was doing when he conked out.

Ross LOVES holding Ruby :)

He loves giving kisses :)  Look at my 97 percentile baby's belly - SO cute!


Getting both these kiddos to smile AND look at me at the same time - pretty much impossible.



I think this picture is HILARIOUS - random expressions on their faces

Ruby looked in that direction the entire time I tried to get a pic


Ross and Mommy

Girl picture!

Ross saw into the lens and decided it looked like the moon - he's trying to touch it now. :)

Ross wanted to look at the pictures...not have them taken!

He also wanted to put the lid on the camera :)

Silly boy



Can I just say I LOVE my children.  I know saying I have the plural form of child makes me sound old (and I suppose I am aging), but it sure comes with a lot of perks - like having this sort of love in your heart that feels like your body can't contain it because you know your kids are the cutest that ever lived.  I'm sad to be entering the disciplining stage of parenting more, but I love that I get to be one of the parents to do it so I can teach my children how important it is to be kind, hard working, dependable, service oriented, and most of all Christlike.  I LOVE that I get to do that - I think it helps me try to be more like that too.  
I enjoyed teaching and loved my students SO much, but my teaching could only reach to a certain extent.  Having the all encompassing responsibility as a parent makes me feel like I can make such a bigger impact - there is nothing so incredible as being a parent.  It's so stinkin' hard sometimes, but so fulfilling.  I just had to share how much I love it (maybe more as a reminder for me when there are days it doesn't quite feel like my favorite thing and I'd like to run away screaming). :)  The crazy life of a parent!
Ruby has progressed to being VERY interested in her hands and consciously swatting at toys.  Drooling and sucking on her hands are a norm now too.


Ross thinks peek-a-boo is really fun - but you have to SHOUT it to do it right.  It reminds me of Ice Age when the saber tooth tiger tries to play "Where's the Baby" and shouts at him...haha.  Watch Ruby's reaction.



1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! We do "Where's the baby?!" with Tate all the time! I love boys! I can't believe how chunky Ruby is... she is about a pound away from passing Tate!

    ReplyDelete