Monday, August 12, 2013

Just Not Enough of Utah and My Baby Sister's Bridal Shower

Since my sister decided to get married in August we found out we would be making yet another trip back to Utah.  So everyone got extra doses of everyone :)  and loved it.  Especially grandparents and grandkids.  
Our flight to Utah went pretty effortlessly.  It was nice going in the morning - it didn't feel like so much traveling, and everyone was much happier.  Ross was more than thrilled to be on an airplane yet again.  He was so excited he crashed the second we got in the car after we had landed. :)
 
Gotta love the mouth open and him hanging out with the luggage.


This little girl wouldn't fall asleep though - stinker pants.

We celebrated by making the rounds visiting all the fam.  It was Nathan's birthday so we celebrated with some delicious Mexican and some volleyball.  Ross enjoyed hoeing in the garden with nothing but a diaper on with grandpa  Classic.
 
Ruby and Great Grandma Staheli back to work enjoying some toys.  My grandma's health has been going down hill and she felt pretty terrible most of the time we were there.  She would always perk up though whenever Ross and Ruby were around. :)


Working in the buff with gramps - enjoying the freedom. ;)

So my team with Steve dominated the first game...and then we were crushed the other two.  At least we know how to pose (namely Steve and my mom).

Happy Birthday to Nathan!

Ross waiting patiently for some cake.

Our party faces!

Enjoying some rain - Ross calling it down.

Sisters!

Auntie Time

Grandma Time!

Relaxing

We headed up to Timpanogus Lodge for an Esplin family reunion.  We had a great time visiting, eating, and throwing my sister-in-law Beka a baby shower.  Yes!  I will finally be made an aunt!  I am SO okay with enjoying another baby in the family without having to do all the work for it. ;)  We're mostly excited for a cousin for Ross and Ruby!  Little Alex will be joining us hopefully September 26th.  
Beka getting some cute baby boy clothes.

Grandpa cuddling with Ruby and trying to get Ross to eat his dinner!

The new splash park in Springville was calling our name - so we headed there for a bit to enjoy some cool water and sun.  We visited my Grandma and Grandpa Grenny as well.  My gramps is 86 and can still get down on the floor to play with the grandkids!  Way to go!  I still have to wrap my head around the fact that they've actually moved from Fort Bragg, CA to Utah.  It's crazy that I can visit them so easily.  We also managed to fit in some lawn mowing for Ross's sake. ;) 
 
A sun baby with gramps!


Ross wanting to get going in the water!

Great Grandpa Grenny and Ruby getting to know each other. :)

Ruby giving Great Grandma Grenny a nice little workout.  Ruby is like a shake weight!

Big hugs good-bye

Mowing that lawn is hard work!


Ross also got to go with Steve to a White family reunion in Scipio (I always laugh when I say Scipio since Steve thinks it's an ugly word.)  I kept Ruby home since we'd had some bad/no naps the few days before.  Ross had the time of his life enjoying his Great Grandpa's tractor - he even got to go for a ride. :)

 
This kid is dying to drive this!


Ready to go with Gramps



So - conveniently - my mom and I threw Rachel a shower after we arrived.  I was very excited to throw her a purple themed bridal shower.  It turned out beautifully.  We had a nice showing, and she got some great gifts - including a purple ice cream maker, purple toaster, purple frying pan, and a purple ice cream scoop.  I hope her husband, Dain, is okay with purple - wow.  I gave her a crock pot (not purple - you're welcome Dain) and made her a cook book with some of my own recipes to start her off - and yes the cook book was purple. :) I got the idea from Steve's Aunt Kaye who did it for me.  I think it's such a great idea!  

The spread

Blackberry frosted cupcakes - delish!


I even found GRAPEvines. :)

We HAD to have chocolate covered strawberries. :)

Purple chocolate dipped pretzels too!

These were my favorite - baguettes with Knorr Vegetable Dip lining the bottom filled with veggies - yum!

Chicken Salad Sandwiches with purple grapes.

The load - Dain's grandma made her this beautiful purple quilt!

The bride to be!

So happy to throw my sis a party!

1 comment:

  1. Dang, missed you again! I know it's so hard to squeeze in friends when you have so much family fun going on! We love the splash pad too. I'm so glad you got to go try it out! Fun!

    ReplyDelete