Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Rachel's Wedding

Well we were just biding our time until Rachel's wedding day in Utah - so of course Steve thought it was a good idea to get sick before the big day...and pass it on to the rest of us.  Luckily Ross and Ruby only got some runny noses, but Steve and I are still dealing with the leftovers of congestion and annoying coughs.  Steve always seems to get sick whenever we go back to Utah.  You'd think he's become allergic to it or something!  
Anyway - we mostly hung out and tried to lay low before Rachel's big day...
 
This boy is just getting too big!


Helping Grams get some laundry done.  He's always helping! :)

Playin' in a pool is a must.
 
Brother dog pile.  A rare moment when Steve is on the bottom - you can see his legs to the left. ;)

The Duck Dynasty Trio - from left to right: Si, Jase, and Willie - spraying for some bees and running away like girls. ;)

Ross entertaining Ruby at lunch

Beautiful girl!
 
Chillin' with Gramps

We did manage to see our Dille friends one night lucky us. ;)

This is the pose they gave us!
My sister decided to go through the Salt Lake Temple to receive the Endowment.  It was nice to visit the temple Steve and I were sealed in once again.  It's so beautiful and I can feel all the love and sacrifice that went into building that temple so long ago.  It was pretty full when we went since there are so many missionaries getting ready to go on their missions these days.  Rachel was a bit overwhelmed which is expected, but it was a beautiful session and I was grateful to be there with her when she went through for the first time.  It's always better with family there. :)  
A very happy evening for all of us!

While we were there, Steve's fam decided to up and go to Europe for some fun - without us!  Boo.  They left on the Tuesday and we stayed there in their empty house until Saturday.  We tried to rub it in that they were abandoning their grandchildren/niece/nephew...but they still went.  Someday we'll get back to Europe.  Someday!  Steve has yet to go too.  

The day before the wedding we helped set up at my Uncle's AMAZING house.  I forgot how grueling wedding set up and take down can be.  I miss being the bride and being able to just leave it all. Maybe Steve and I should just get married again.  Then we could leave the mess AND get oodles of presents.  We wouldn't mind that one bit. :)  It was good helping for her wedding though. :)

We headed down to Manti for the big day.  We, of course, left our trademark 30 minutes late, but got there in time anyway.  On the way down Ross decided he wanted to go swimming.  I kept trying to tell him "No, we're going to the Temple buddy!" and he would say, "No temple.  Swimming!"  (Too be continued later.) My brother Dallas and sister-in-law, Janae, were so nice to watch our kiddos while we attended the ceremony.  It was beautiful and the whole time I was thinking how Rachel and Dain seemed so fully committed to each other and ready for their future together.  The sealer talked about how important the covenants we make in the temple are and reminded us of the endowment we receive as we enter the temple.  I remembered my wedding and how there wasn't a whole lot I remember the sealer telling us, but I remember my heart swelling and how excited I was for the life I was beginning with my incredible husband.  Five years later I have done nothing but love it and look forward even more to all the future we get to enjoy together.  If you do it right, married life can be incredible, and I will say, mine sure is!
Coming out of the Temple. :)

Hugs!

An excited grandpa and Ross showing off his color coordinated car and truck

Two peas in a pod.

Dallas always ready to pose.

Some girliness :)


This was our attempt for a family picture - haha!

Happy day!  Ruby's 12 month dress looks more like a shirt!  She needs to stop growing!

My pretty sis with her bridesmaids

After the ceremony we went outside for pictures.  While we were waiting, Ross decided he wanted to hike up all the steps to the top of the temple.  As he was recapping to his Uncle Garrett later on the conversation went as so:
Garrett: So did you climb up all those steps to the top of the temple?
Ross:  Yeah climb up steps and pooped!
Garrett:  What?
Ross:  Yeah.  Pooped and funny!
I'll leave it to you to know what happened after he climbed up all those stairs. :)
While he was at the top he kept saying, "Up high!  We're up high on tall building!"  I love that boy.  He's so adorable.
 
Ross saying cheese!

Ross ready to hike some stairs!

He's ecstatic ;)


Checking the Staheli squinch pic :)

Hiking the stairs


The boys saying "Hi!"

We then headed to a nice park for their luncheon.  It was nice and relaxed, and right at the end a pretty sweet awesome lightning/thunder/rainstorm hit Manti pretty hard.  We thoroughly enjoyed it except for wondering if it would travel up to Provo right when Rachel's outdoor reception was supposed to go on. Once we got in the car, Ross and Ruby immediately crashed.   We took our time getting back and took a mini tour of where Steve's Grandpa White used to live.  It was fun listening to some of his reminiscing from when he was a kid.

Ruby chillin' at the luncheon

 
You would think this was after the whole day was over!  But - no - just half of it! ;)

We recooped at home and then headed to help set up for the reception.  It started a little late, but went fairly smoothly.  The giant storm didn't even touch the reception.  Magleby's catered the desserts (I know - I had like 4 pieces of their chocolate cake!  I couldn't help it!), and we enjoyed seeing old friends and family come wish their best to the newly weds.  I got to see my old 5th grade teacher, neighbors from Orem and Mapleton, and show off my cute kiddos.  Although... my Uncle's pool was a center place around the whole reception, and remember who wanted to go swimming that day????  Ross tried to throw himself in - tie and all - about 50 times.  Luckily Steve saved him 49 of those times.  Haha - just kidding - 50 of them.  We were blessed to have my brother-in-law Nathan and sister-in-law Beka take them home and put them to bed while we finished everything up.
 
The reception


The pool Ross wanted to throw himself in.


Can you tell his didn't want to be saved?

My wonderful Uncle Joe commandeered Ruby for a while - they got along really well. :)

A very yummy cake :)

Another rescue :)

Socializing.  My cousin Austin with his daughter Aleah.

Cutting the cake

Some dancing

Throwing the bouquet...or the fake throw for the picture. ;)

The help. ;)

The clean up wasn't too bad - and we ate some of the wedding cake....boy did we have eater's remorse later, but it sure tasted good then!  All in all - it was a beautiful day.  Congratulations to my sweet baby girl sister Rachel and her new husband Dain!  Love you both!   

No comments:

Post a Comment