Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Rosscopants almost 2 1/2

Well my little Baby Ross is becoming such a boy it almost breaks my heart except for how cute he keeps getting.  This is how I found him when I checked on him during naptime...
 
Love him!

I have to point out - I had already gone in there and taken away a truck book he had sneaked into his crib too.  I'm glad he's such a reader though....or maybe in this case - a picture looker.

Ross has recently gotten into wagging his finger back and forth at you or anyone when he's informing you "no".  He has discovered jumping and prefers to do it on the couch.  He knows the ABC song really well along with many others.  He keeps trying to get me to sing him truck songs to him all the time.  I've composed at least 15 I think (yes - I'm that good) and he's pleased with all of them.  I love 2 year olds. :)  He gets very intrigued when the topic of owies comes up.  He likes to compare his with yours and talk about where they came from.  He weighs about 31 1/2 lbs and seems to be getting taller - little stinker!

He still loves going outside to play ball or go to the park and never likes to leave.  Playing choo choos is still a favorite and eating snacks as opposed to an actual meal is also preferable.  Every once in a while I'll let him "picnic" on his blanket instead of eating at the table which I always regret after considering how long it takes him to eat his food when "picnicking."  
 
Ready for some partying


Let's go outside!

He loves a good swim :)

Ross is a big protector of Ruby and is always so concerned for her well being.  Whenever she cries this is what he does...


His finger wagging isn't so bad is it? ;)  

He was reunited with his best bud Wesley when we got back from Utah and they have had fun together ever since whether it be giggling in a corner playing trucks in nursery, or collaborating to break the rules and run out into the street because "the other one was doing it first."  They have been having quite the time lately.

Some of Ross's favorites lately:
Drinking cold milk from an open cup

Excavators "Effagator" in Ross's words
Any made up songs about trucks
The Good Samaritan picture aka "The Owies" picture and how we always help those with owies.
Hiding toys/books in his bed for later
Anything to do with grandpas
Dancing or singing along to songs with his eyes closed (head banging included - even for primary songs)
Bagels with cream cheese (or "string cheese" as Ross calls it)
Parker Panda from the show "Go, Potty, Go"
Pears and Quesadillas
His Daddy (as usual) :)


His "Cheese" face!

A few things Ross has taught me:
There is more to life than simply trucks and tractors...namely graders, scrapers, skid steer, front loaders, tippers, dump trucks, loggers, firetrucks, police cars, ambulances, excavators, bulldozers, rollers, big rigs, fuel tankers, cement mixers, harvesters, combines...I can go on.  I never knew what most of them were until Ross came along.
A 2 year old saying "Please" and "Thank-you" melts my heart every time.
Shaun the Sheep is actually a very hilarious show to watch.
Watching him kneel down and fold his arms for family prayer and even when it's his turn to say the prayer warms my spirit.
I need to cuddle, hug, and kiss him all I can while he'll still let me.
Baking and cooking are so much more fun when I'm looking at it through his fascinated eyes.
Sticks are always awesome.
It is a must to have AT LEAST one car in each hand - possibly two.
Ross hugs and kisses are the best thing ever.


I love you little buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment