Wednesday, August 14, 2013

7 Month Old Ruby

Well our Ruby just won't listen to my when I tell her she needs to slow down!  She just keeps growing.  She's a whopping 21lbs - 95th percentile, 28 inches - 90th percentile, and her head circumference is 17 5/8 inches - 87th percentile.  

She's still got that adorable smile!


Ruby has celebrated her birth of 7 months by doing 360's on the ground.  She seems to look scooting/rolling on her belly in circles.  She can somewhat get around that way.  She's trying really hard to figure out the scooting forward thing too.  Sometimes it's very frustrating.  My favorite thing right now is when she's on her belly, propped up on her hands, and when she sees you she kicks her legs behind her really fast.  It's almost like when a puppy wags her tail.  We like to call her "Happy Legs" Haha!  Sometimes she even snorts when she gets super excited. :)  Although it does get sad when she wakes up early from her nap and I go just to put the binky back in her mouth and she does her little happy dance when she sees me, only to be sad when I go.  She knows how to play her cards that girl to play on your heart strings!


This girl is so photogenic!

 Her hair is VERY slowly starting to grow.  She has a sort of "A-line" bald spot in the back from where I cut off her mullet and she rubbed off the rest above it.  She has cowlicks like me right on the crown of her head, and since her hair is so thin and fine right now it pretty much just sticks up.  I can't decide what color I think it's going to be.  It seems to be a sandy brown right now.  I'm curious what she'll end up with. :)

Ruby LOVES to put any and everything in her mouth. (Ross very proudly put one of his goldfish in there a while back.  He excitedly told me what he did, giving me a heart attack, and I looked over and she had, thankfully, spit it out in a reflex.  

Her favorite food is carrots hands down.  Sometimes she loves pears, but mostly apples.  Mostly she prefers the veggies over the fruit.  Peas, green beans, squash, sweet potatoes all usually win.  She's been having some issues with bowel movements since starting solids so her morning oatmeal is usually packed with prunes (prune juice AND actual prunes mixed it).  I'm hoping her little digestive system is finally working itself out now.  She had a couple bad bouts of constipation before.  Once it felt like we were actually helping her give birth - poor thing.  Maybe she got a clue of what it was like for me giving birth to her!  We've been introducing the sippy cup - she mostly just chews on it for the most part, and prefers to take sips of water out of my cup.  Actually - just this morning Ross wanted my waffle with jam on it even though he had the EXACT same one...I'm not sure I will ever have my own food again.


This is right before she rolled over and crinkled my paper :)
She loves to say "Dadadadadada" all day long even though I try to get her to say "Mamamama" too.  She likes "yayayaya" and "bababababa" as well.  Ross makes her laugh incredibly hard.  She likes it when you shake your head at her right up to her face - something about it is hilarious.  

Rubio (nickname given by her Uncle Thomas - refer to the movie Hook for this one - Rubio, Rubio, Rub-i-oooooooo!) is wearing 9-12 month clothes these days (though her 12 month dress for Rachel's wedding looked more like a shirt!), and her legs are just as chubby as ever.  I eat them up all the time along with her cute little face!  She's so wriggly I've finally decided we can begin unswaddling her when I went in and found her completely unswaddled (from her straightjacket even!) on her tummy facing the bottom of her bed...that girl!  So we've experimented today with having one arm out and will slowly evolve to having no swaddle.

Her schedule got all out of whack from our Utah visit (as usual) and we're getting back to normal.  It usually goes as follows:
8AM wake up and nurse/prune oatmeal breakfast
8:45 play/roll around while Ross gets breakfast and dressed too
9:30-10ish goes down for a nap
11:00-Noonish wakes up, lunch - 1 veggie and 1 small fruit, nurses
12:30 Play outside or in, go for a walk or play with toys
1:45 Nap time again
4ish Wakes up, nurses, plays with mommy/practices sitting up/exersaucer
5ish Dinner - 1 veggie and 1 fruit
5:30 Play with Ross and Daddy while mommy makes dinner (on a good day ;) )
6 - 45 minute optional nap depending on what we're up to that night
7:30 bath, pjs, scriptures, prayers, story, nurse, song, and bed.  

I'm just eating her up like crazy.  She loves kisses and hugs and is always so fascinated with Ross whenever he wants to hold her (for the 20 seconds it lasts).  Ross is so cute with her too.  I've gotten into such a habit of taking their picture whenever he holds her that whenever I get her situated in his arms, he looks at me earnestly and says "Picture mommy.  Take a picture."  Cutest. Thing. Ever.  

Ruby's favorite toys include a little play water mat with ribbons and crinkley doodads, a plastic rattle ball, a frog ringand a soft giraffe rattle toy that Ross used to LOVE (he'd suck on the tag ALL the time).  She is fairly friendly with everyone if they don't surprise her or pick her up too quickly.  Her only stranger danger currently is if she wakes up from a nap to someone she doesn't know.  She warms up pretty fast though for the most part.  

Her eyes are as bright as ever.  They are a beautiful motivation to always stay on the right path, because it feels like she can see right into your heart and it always warms me when she smiles after she does it.  She quadruples the love we feel in our home and it's amazing.  These 7 months have gone WAY too fast and she's going to be crawling before we know it.  We love her so much and love seeing what a fun-loving, sweet and pure personality she has.  Happy 7 months to our Ruby Jubilee!

No comments:

Post a Comment