Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week of Events

We have had quite the week of events.  Steve and I just realized we have eaten out four times.  Cafe Rio, Barry's, Applebee's, and Joe Vera's!  It's like we got our tax return orjavascript:void(0) something - haha.  We have spent that money about 15 different ways in our minds.  Steve was allowed to buy a Starcraft game because of it, and I'm itching for a kitchen aid or sewing machine (yes - I'm going domestic!)  We also would love to go to Hawaii with our neighbors, the Dille's, get a Wii, a new TV, new car, the works.  So far, however, it has stayed in the bank.  
I finished up my substitute plans for the next four weeks which felt amazing, handled Dr. Seuss week (since it was his birthday), saw my sister's play, went to a really fun baby shower Steve's Aunt Mary gave me, and survived Steve leaving to Oregon for his interview for Pacific University.  He did really well with his interview.  He had some amazing answers for some of their curve balls and they were quite impressed with him.  We found out on Friday and are thrilled that he has been accepted there!  We have one more school to hear back from, but I think we're feeling that Oregon is the place for us.  Wahoo!  We'll soon have the for sure on what we are doing this fall. 

Our Anne!  Wow - that belly of mine is ready to pop!

We went to my sister, Rachel's play of The Diary of Anne Frank on Monday.  She played the role of Anne and did an amazing job.  It was exciting for her to get a lead role her senior year.  I had no idea how into acting and drama she was until I found out she was going to be in this play.  It was fun to watch her and see her shine.  I can't believe she's 18 and graduating this May.  She's supposed to stay 7 years old in my mind. 
Our friends, the Dilles, came with us to the play and we had delicious scones from Barry's afterwards.  We adore the Dilles and they are moving up in the world and moving into a nice house in Spanish Fork, leaving us apartment dwellers in the dust!  We made them promise that they couldn't make any new friends though; so, we'll see how long that lasts.

We've got an array of poses.  Jordan - the psycho clown, Maren - Miss America, Steve - GQing it, and me - the beached whale! :)


Now that it's the weekend, I've washed the baby clothes and organized things for the baby room more, I'm ready for this little boy to make his entrance in the world!  My parents keep thinking every time I call them it's to tell them I'm at the hospital.  I sure wish that were the case.  I don't think there's any more room for this boy to grow.  I'm hoping for a storm to hurry up the process.  We even ate Mexican food tonight to try and spice him out!  He seems content to come when he darn well wants to.  It's got to be any day now.  My hips can't get any wider or sorer!  It's such a blessing that he's coming.  We've been praying for him to come to us for a long time.  It's amazing how Heavenly Father does things in His own way and time. 

1 comment:

  1. I love tax returns! It's so exciting to have options to do with it. I bet it feels great to have sub plans done and baby stuff ready. Now all you need is for him to come. :)

    ReplyDelete