Saturday, March 12, 2011

Playing the Waiting Game...


I took this week off of work to actually have some time to get more ready for this baby to come.  I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off for the last few weeks so I was looking forward to some down time.  I won't lie - it has been nice in some ways - and totally not in others!  Having more time on my hands means more time to realize how ridiculously pregnant I am and how this baby still isn't showing any signs of coming.  I was almost surprised when on Monday I wasn't going into labor - it just made sense now that I actually felt ready for Rosco to come that he would mind his mom...obviously he could care less what his mom wants right now...this gives me that eery feeling we're going to have a little independent rebel on our hands...just like his dad!  Ah - those ones are the fun ones though aren't they.  They make life interesting.  

I haven't minded people asking me how I'm feeling or when the baby's due up until about a week ago when I got all this time to dwell on the fact that he's still not here.  I am so grateful to be pregnant and have a healthy little baby growing inside me...but I won't lie - the questions and comments are starting to wear on me.  If I'm told I'm quite huge or asked if I'm carrying multiples one more time, I may just go haywire!  Haha - I do feel like a ticking time bomb though, wondering what my body will actually feel like when the time finally comes.  I've managed to get all the baby stuff put together, the clothes washed, the bags packed - we'll just have to wait until his royal highness decides to make an entrance.  I just have to say - the waiting game is one of the worst games ever invented!

1 comment:

  1. So right! Waiting is absolutely the worst and it always seems like those comments happen a lot more as it gets closer. I know that's probably all perception, but it sure feels like it!

    ReplyDelete