Friday, March 25, 2011

Baby Ross Comes to Join the Fam

Wow - what a roller coaster!  Baby Ross is now a whole week old!  I'm amazed I've survived!  Last Thursday I was scheduled to be induced.  However, my doctor called and told me that labor and delivery was packed and that we'd just schedule it for the next day.  I was bummed, but resigned to just deal with it.  After relaxing on the couch for a while I got up to make one of my many runs to the loo, upon which, after standing up to go, I felt that burst of my water breaking!  Seems as though when someone tells Ross what to do, he does the opposite!  When he found out he couldn't come till the next day he decided "Like heck I will!"  I called Steve who had just left for school, and he had to just turn around and come back (not before asking me if I had just wet my pants though).  We got to the hospital around 2 that afternoon and I was in labor all by myself - no inducing needed!  My blood pressure had been high however so they kept checking on me to see if they needed to put me on magnesium sulphate.  Thankfully, after the epidural (my best friend) it got under control.  I was going really fast.  I got to 7 cm within about 6-7 hours after my water breaking.  And then...I stayed at 7 cm...for five hours.  I ended up having a c-section unfortunately.  Little Ross was sunny side up and tilted weird so he couldn't make it through properly.  i didn't realize how out of it you feel having a c-section.  I just wanted to go to sleep the whole time and stop shivering!  Things went smoothly - though Steve was a little too excited to watch the c-section.  I wanted to smack him when he was happily putting on his uniform.  He was a good support though.  He held my hand like a good husband should.  Ross Charles White was born at 1:30 AM Friday morning, March 18th, 2011.  He is the most beautiful boy - 8lbs. 10 oz!  20 inches long and with a head of hair!  He looks just like Steve when he was born.  He was perfectly healthy and still is now a week later!  After the surgery, my blood pressure went back up - they had to put me on the horrible magnesium sulphate which made me feel like a weak slug the whole time.  The hospital stay was amazing - the nurses were wonderful, the room comfortable, and the food was incredible!  It was like a cruise - anything we wanted and it was all delicious.  We stayed 4 days and my first day home was a bit traumatizing.  I was so exhausted that first night.  Each day gets better though - or maybe I'm just getting more used to being tired.  
I look at little Ross and just want to cry sometimes because he is so beautiful and perfect.  He is the sweetest little thing I have ever seen in my life.  His grandparents - on both sides of our family - adore him to death.  He will be spoiled rotten for sure.  He already is!  Anyway - we finally got our little man and have a cute little family.  I've never been so happy in my life.  Each day just gets better. :)
First family pic - I am out of it!

8lbs. 10 oz!  big baby

Perfect baby Ross


Steve's baby picture - Ross looks just like him!
My cute boys

Arguing over who's big toe Ross got.  Steve's on the left, my dad's on the right.


First bath - wahoo!

First time family meets Ross. :)
Ross is a ton of fun to have.  He doesn't like his feet being cold ( just like mom ), he loves to just lay and observe everything around him.  When he sneezes, he sneezes at least 4 times in a row. He gets the hiccups a lot, and he loves to snuggle.  He is the greatest blessing to our family!  We love getting to know him. :)

5 comments:

  1. Stacey, I'm soooo excited for you. I'm sad you had to have a c section, but other than that it sounds like everything went along wonderfully. How are you recovering? The sleep deprivation is a killer. In fact, that's the only thing that scares me about having another baby...it's way worse when you already have kids to take care of during the day. I suppose it's all worth it though. Baby Ross is perfectly adorable. He does look a ton like Steve. You make a beautiful mother. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey that's so awesome! What a cute little guy. It's definitely good that you have supportive parents and husband because I hear recovery from a c-section is a bit rough. Yea for you and Steve, I hope I get to see the little man sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! That's awesome you didn't have to wait another day. The waiting is never fun, especially when you just want them to be here already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a cutie. And I'm one of those that doesn't think newborns are always cute but he's definitely adorable. Seeing you hold him makes me so excited to meet my little guy in a couple of months.

    And hang in there. For the first month, set low expectations for yourself. If you get in a shower and take a stroll outside, consider yourself productive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stace!!! Congratulations! He is adorable! I so understand just wanting to cry looking at him-- I feel the same way about Michael (STILL! And it's almost been a year and a half!) It's so awesome that Heavenly Father trusts us enough to take care of his precious little babies, we are so blessed!

    I second Diana's comment-- sometimes Brett would come home and ask me what I did that day, and, seriously, showering was the only thing I had done, and I felt pretty good about that :) Stay in your jammies as long as possible, and just enjoy getting to know your little munchkin-- and LET YOUR BODY RECOVER!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete