Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentine Bums and St. George Trip

We are definitely counting down the days now.  It feels like this baby will never come while at the same time we're still scrambling to get everything ready!  Valentine's Day was sweet - since we celebrated it the Saturday before, on Monday we got a heart shaped pizza and hung out in our pjs watching Funniest Home Videos.  We truly are turning into the old couple! 

Ordering in heart shaped pizza for Valentine's...how romantic!




This last weekend we went to St. George to watch Steve's sister's soccer tournament.  It was rainy/snowy and cold, but it was fun to get away and be with family.  We hung out, Steve and the boys braved the pool, creating obstacle courses involving jumping out of the hot tub, shooting baskets, sliding down chutes, and diving for golf balls in 40 degree water!  I'm surprised no one came back sick!  We went to Meghan's soccer games at these fields that are used for growing and selling sod...needless to say with all the rain and the red St. George clay/mud...it was pretty muddy.  Cars were stuck all over the place, shoes were ruined, soaked, and stained; yes....it was pretty muddy.  We had a great time though.  We loved the condo we stayed in and had some fun memories including Steve and his dad downing a huge jar of jelly bellies all within two days...I'm surprised neither of them ended up in a sugar coma!  

Meghan in between soccer games. ;)  Enjoying some Cheeseits.


Cleaning the condo before we left...yes I was horrible at taking pictures this trip!



Our neighbors, the Youngs, were due to have a little girl just a few days before my due date, but had her today!  I won't lie...jealousy has kicked in...as well as panic to get things ready.  All I can say is that I don't wish having to make maternity leave substitute plans on anyone!  It is SUCH a process.  We're slowly getting there though.  Steve has placed a temporary hold on allowing our baby to come before this Sunday since he will be going out to do his interview at Pacific University in Oregon.  He'll only be gone for one day, but it's a day nonetheless.  We hope he does well.  We've finally been sorting ourselves out with the baby things and getting ourselves together.  Hopefully soon we'll have some cute baby pictures to put up instead of our pathetic attempts of ourselves! :)   

3 comments:

  1. That pizza looks delicious. And I'm so jealous you're counting down days, not weeks.

    Sorry I missed your shower. It was my bro-in-law's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about being jealous of others having their baby first. When I was pregnant with Olivia a neighbor was due one week before me. She ended up having the baby two weeks early. Then I was a week over due! I was pregnant a month longer than her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pizza looks delish!
    Yes, pretty lame-O on the St George pictures - condo cleaning and cheeze-its? LOL

    ReplyDelete