Anyway - we have had a busy week doing school, school, school. Steve has a pretty loaded semester - I wonder how he's going to be when there's a little baby around too. He works really hard and studies ALL the time! Lots of late nights for him at school and even at home (in spite of my attempts to get him to go to bed and get some actual sleep.) We're excited for his interview at Pacific in the next couple of weeks. Here's hoping hard work pays off!
I had an eye appointment to get new glasses which is always exciting. I haven't had new ones for about 5 or 6 years. These should last forever. Wow - reporting on my life is quite dull! Hmmm - we've been doing some baby registering - those little things are quite expensive I have come to find out. There are are no longer simplistic things - everything has bells and whistles aka music included, attachments, multiple levels or motions, matching furniture - the whole deal. What happened to a simple infant swing? Or a simple diaper bag? Oh well. I had to laugh when I saw the warming wipes and whirlpool infant bathtubs. That is just going too far!
Steve and I decided to video ourselves and thoughts about what little Rosco is going to be like. It was quite entertaining (to us at least) and I think it will be fun to look back on. I'm trying to be more thoughtful of memory stuff as of late. I want this kid of ours to be able to see something of his past before he can remember.
I've also come to find that stretch marks may possibly have minds of their own...they are NOT stopping and I have 5 more weeks! The joys of pregnancy - Steve now has to pull me out of sitting and lying down positions now (especially when in comfy sinking couches) and sleep is becoming less and less consistent. We are way excited that the time is coming though. Life is going to be SO different. We are ready for a change!
| 35 Weeks! No more room! |
| That looks like my hand on his face - it's not! |
| I was trying to get a good shot of Steve's delicious brown eyes. I ended up blinding him for a couple minutes with how close the camera was to his eye! |
So it was hundred's day this last week at school - so I molded my whole class to form "100 DAY!" Their faces are hilarious as they all laid there perfectly still in the sculpted position I put them in. Haha!
| 100 |
| DAY! |
I love how first graders are always just so willing to do what you tell them. They are a hoot! This little group is so fun to have. They love singing - they got into a kick singing the Dynamite song (which Steve had in his head for the longest time. Steve will go through these phases where he gets one song in his head and he sings it ALL the time for about 2 weeks before he switches to a new song. We've gone from the soccer world cup theme song for 2010 to the Dynamite song to I Can Be Your Hero - being the latest song. I'll try to keep everyone updated on his current hits!) My little first graders also love to tell me everything they could possibly think of from having been a vampire since one was 3 years old to having gone to Disneyland the day before. It's great teaching first grade!
I would never want to do sub plans for that long. I was lucky to be due first thing in the Summer, but I guess it'd be good to have time off too though. Good luck making the plans!
ReplyDelete