Monday, October 13, 2014

Harry Potter Dinner Party

So my friend, Maren, is extremely good at throwing dinner parties.  She told me she wanted to throw a Harry Potter one but didn't want to do it by herself.  So I thought I'd join the pro and learn a thing or two. :)  She took care of the decor and deciding the menu, and I took care of the Harry Potter Murder Mystery game and we split making the menu.  
I totally forgot to take pictures when the candles were lit - it was the perfect scene!  Maren did such a great job though - floating candles and owls perched just above the table.

The table settings :)




We invited friends from our old ward in Provo, and everyone was a great sport at dressing their part and even trying to be their character.  We even had a guest who would play the theme song randomly throughout the night on his iPhone - hilarious!  
 
Hermione and Ron


Bellatrix and Malfoy (The Dille's)

Rita Skeeter and Gilderoy Lockhart (The Taegars)

Luna Lovegood and Snape (The Allens)

Harry and Ginny (The Thompsons)

We had rock cakes, Bertie Botts Beans, cauldron cakes, chocolate frogs, potato and parsnip soup, salad, pumpkin pasties, and, of course, butterbeer.  All very delicious - the butterbeer was way good - you could feel your arties clogging with each sip.  It was a fun night catching up with everyone and having a great dinner! 

Cauldron Cakes

Rock Cakes

Bertie Bott's Beans - these are so gross!  Steve had to wash his mouth out after a sausage one.  They had vomit, earwax, dirt, booger, earthworm - so gross!

Pumpkin pasties - like pumpkin pie - seriously delicious!

Chocolate frogs - watch out - they jump!

Butter beer - ready for a heart attack of delish? :)
 It really is so nice to stay in touch with friends you make over the years.  These ones are goodies and I laughed so hard that night - it was quite the success I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment