Monday, October 6, 2014

Beautiful October


Maybe it's because I'm pregnant, but I have been excited for fall since August.  Maybe it's because I miss Oregon weather too.  I LOVE when it rains now - I never get sick of it.  There's nothing like great rainy days.  We've managed to have a few, but the crisp fall weather has finally been presenting itself which is my favorite.
 
I've been meaning to take a picture of my beautiful Maple Mountain with the colors.  I LOVE this mountain. :)

I think I get excited too, because General Conference is the first weekend in October as well and I get to hear our Prophet and Apostles speak.  I love getting more counsel, encouragement, and insight on what we should be focusing on in our families and lives.  I know we have a Prophet of God on the earth TODAY and that he truly is God's mouthpiece.  I feel so much more safe and secure knowing Christ's Gospel is here on the earth and that we have a purpose and plan here.  I love knowing the importance of family and having all the joy that comes along with having one.  Too many people these days are focused on themselves and what makes them happy in that moment rather than who they can make happy and how they can serve.  Families are central to God's plan.  We need strong families to raise strong generations.  

Conference was wonderful of course.  Ross and Ruby were entertained by blocks, puzzles, coloring, and toys of course - with the help of aunts, uncles, and grandparents. :)  When the Prophet spoke we challenged Ross to listen for any time he said Jesus' name and he'd get a treat.  He finally caught on towards the end.  

We celebrated my nephew's first birthday that weekend as well.  Ross was so excited for Alex to open his presents.  He plopped himself right in front of him and then would yell excitedly every time he'd open another one, "It's a surprise!!"  Haha.  Ruby just wanted to eat chips and cupcakes the whole time (have I mentioned she has a serious sugar problem?).  

On Monday we got to go up to Logan to meet my new nephew, my baby sister, Rachel, had - Jaxton.  I tried out some VERY amateur skills at photographing a newborn and was happy with the results for the most part.  They are a very photogenic family which helps. :)  
 
Cute Jaxton :)



I LOVE baby feet :)


Dain is a very proud Daddy. :)

Such a sweet family!









Ross and Ruby were so excited to meet Jaxton.  Ross insisted we needed to supply Jaxton with the proper tractors so we got him a few as a present.  Ross "helped" by showing Jaxton how to play with them after they were opened.  

They both immediately wanted to hold him, Ruby patted him and poked him, and Ross just grinned and would inform us with a surprised face whenever Jaxton started crying.  They were adorable with him.  It's going to be a circus when our baby bee #3 comes - I'll have a lot of hands to help I'm sure! 
Ruby making sure everything's where it should be - hands - check, feet, check, eyes - check. :)

Cute cousins!



I was so happy to hold Jaxton and be reminded how little these babies come.  He was so precious and sweet.

After taking some pictures we had dinner together and then made the long trek home.  We were excited Steve could be done with work a bit early so he could come with us.  It's always nicer to have Daddy around. :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment