Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Halloween FHE Party

Grandma Claudia threw a fun Halloween Party for family night this week.  We had a ton of fun dressing up, playing Halloween games and eating Halloween food.  We're all about Halloween parties.

All month I've been asking Ross what he'd like to be for Halloween and he very adamantly has proclaimed, "I'm Ross Charles White!" every time.  I tried to explain that we just pretend and he's still Ross Charles White no matter what, but he wouldn't have any of it.  UNTIL, finally one day he told me he wouldn't mind being a firefighter.  It was SOMETHING to work with. :)  I decided Ruby could be a dalmatian dog and Steve and I could be the victims Ross saved from the burning building - easy, simple, and cheap!  Luckily Grammy Joanne had given Ruby a cute dalmatian onsie and tights that she was JUST too big for, but we made do.  I found a black skirt for $2 and a little tail/ears set for $3.  Ross had a raincoat that would totally pass for a firefighter and I found his hat at Target for $1 (all of this was on the same day thank-you very much - score!).  The tricky part was getting Ruby to keep her ears and tail on - she really just wanted to wear Ross's fireman hat.



Ross the Firefighter posing for the camera :)

Muscles!

Ruby our Dalmatian :)


And the ears...

are off!




My mom and dad came as Bob the Builder (perfect for my dad!) and Wendy his business partner - perfect!  Steve's parents came as a hippie and the Mad Hatter.  Claudia managed to singe her wig as she was checking her casserole in a pumpkin in the oven haha.  Nate and Beka came as pirates with Alex being the cutest Winnie the Pooh I've ever seen!
Bob the Builder and Wendy!

Hippies and Mad Hatters totally hang out together


Claudia's new look - singed bangs ;)
Pirates and Winnie the Pooh


Isn't his way too cute for his own good?


Cousins picture fail!

Thomas and Young came as lame college students - okay they had a late class and didn't have time to dress up, and my brother, Dallas came as the guy from Matrix - complete with weaponry!
Matrix Man!

A Matrix Pirate would be totally awesome!

We had dinner.  Claudia had her casserole in a pumpkin which was yummy and festive, Beka made candy corn fruit, and I made Lionhouse rolls - which accidently turned in to a triple batch due to measurement issues on my part - letting the dough rise was insane - it was a TON.  We had eyeball punch as well and for dessert we had Pumpkin sugar cookies, pumpkin bread, and Halloween Oreo's.  YUM.
Casserole in a pumpkin - yum!

Candy corn fruit cup!

Lionhouse Rolls yum!

We played pass the pumpkin, Who Am I? and guessed the answers to Halloween riddles.  We finished off watching a few of Dallas's awesome video's he's made.  He currently is in the top competition for winning a scuba diving trip to the Bahamas and you can vote for his awesome video here  .  Please make his dreams come true!
Cute Rubes


She is loving these rainboots :)


It was a pretty fun family night.  October is such a fun month :)  Here are some Halloween words from Ruby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment