Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Improvements and Happy Birthday Steve!

Well last week we had our doctor checkups.  Ross was the most compliant I've seen him with the doctor.  He usually refuses to stand on their scale.  The only issue we had this time was he had a hard time wanting to take off his shoes.  They are both quite healthy and on completely opposite spectrum when it comes to their body types.  

Ross is 3 feet tall and weighs 35lbs.  He's 10th percentile for his height and 75th for his weight.  He has Stephen's body type - he's always just been a thick kid, and he's always been just a bit short.  He has a good chance of being taller depending on when he hits puberty.  His vocabulary is amazing - he's always talking.  He still would like to just dig and organize his toys whenever we go outside.  The second we get our own place he's getting a sandbox.  I think that is his happy place.  Somewhere to do some serious digging with his toys. :)  He isn't so scared of dogs anymore.  Grandma and Grandpa White's neighbors have a huge, friendly dog named Tank that Ross thinks is actually fun now.  We got him the Go Fish game which he absolutely loves.  Stephen can't wait to take him fishing (though I think Ross will need a little more entertaining than just leaving the hook in the water and waiting).  He's been fascinated with names lately.  He likes to talk about how my name is Stacey and Daddy's is Stephen, and we have Grandpa Don and Grandpa Stan.  I love how interested in language he is.  We've also been looking for bugs lately with our bug catching nets we got for Easter.  It reminded me that I use to get caterpillars for my 1st grade classroom and we'd watch them make their cocoons and turn to butterflies.  So I ordered one for us.  Ross is going to LOVE it.  We love the Very Hungry Caterpillar book so seeing it in real life is going to be great!  He also loves flying kites.  I leave the kite in the car and he always wants to hold the handle of it while we go somewhere. (I think he hopes we'll stick the kite out the window and fly it while we drive haha).  

Bubble Guns are the best!

Success!

I tried to get Ross to take a picture with me...can you see him saying, "cheese" as fast as he could?

Cute mom and son pic - fail ;)

He did WAY better with his last two swimming lessons.  The second one I got in the water with him and he complied much better with his teacher.  We also found they had a clown fish (Nemo) that Ross loved and became key to him being happy in his class.  Last night we took him to his third - Grandma and Grandpa White came.  After getting over having to let got of Grandpa, he did great!  Woot woot!  I had bribed him that if he did well for his teacher and didn't cry he would get a Finn McMissile from Cars 2.  The second he got out of the water he was asking me for Finn McMissile.  Haha - we'll see if he clinches it the next time.  
Playing with his buddy Nemo
Back floating - too bad the boy next to him was splashing like crazy. ;)
Ross just before the big splash!

His favorite foods include: cheerios with honey, hot dogs if we eat them outside, goldfish "fish" (said with a southern accent - I have no idea where he picked that up), pretzels, bananas, pears, apples, carrots, fruit snacks, and popcorn.      

Ruby is 32 1/2 inches tall and weighs 24lbs 7oz.  She's 95th percentile for her height and 75th for her weight.  She is just a LONG girl.  It's funny - she and Ross came out measuring the same length, but she was always seemed a bit longer.  There is a chance she could be an inch or two taller than Ross.  If this is the case we may have a wrestler and a volleyball player on our hands. ;)  They are both nice and healthy though which is the main thing.  Ruby is above and beyond her age for development (I've heard that for girls).  The doctor was shocked how well she could speak and that she's even doing phrases now.  He only expects around 5 words at her age.  I've said - this girl is not a baby or even a toddler - she's just a little person now determined to move up in the world.  She's extremely friendly to just about everybody (which makes me nervous on a different level) and will be happy to go and play with them if they look fun or have fun toys.  
 
She is the most beautiful girl in the world - no contest!




 
Ruby saying "Cheese!"

 


She is pretty good with a spoon and fork and eats better for me if she gets to use them herself.  She LOVES stuffed animals.  Her hippo and Ross's monkey are her favorites.  Whenever I put her down for a nap she always hugs her hippo extra tight and waits for me to put her blanket on her. :)  It's adorable.  She's still our dancer and loves to run everywhere.  She's so funny to watch too, because when she decides she's going to run she leans forward first with her head and uses the falling motion as her kick start before she takes off.
Ruby thought she sounded really cool talking with the Mega Blocks bag on her head (I know I'm a great parent)

Ruby and I had a girls day yesterday while Dad studied and Ross was with Grandpa and Grandma.  We went to the library to start :)

Picking out books can be tricky!  We went to Target, Gymboree, and did my Visiting Teaching together afterwards - she was a champ!

She's saying a lot of words she's gotten from Ross like, "It's okay!" (He always says that if a spill happens or something breaks), and she's learning all the names of Disney Pixar characters: Nemo, Dori, Woody, Boo are what she's has down so far.  Her "talking on the phone" now consists of, "Hello?  Hi!  uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, You don't say. How are ya? Bye!"  She's a professional now!  She loves all the animals and especially dogs. Her favorite foods are hot dogs, macaroni and cheese and peas (seriously she lives for it), blueberries, string cheese, pretzels, cheerios in milk, and yoghurt melts.  Her favorite thing to do at playgrounds is go down the slides and put all the wood chips in her mouth that she can while running away from me.  That about sums it up. :) 

Today is Stephen's birthday!  He's taking his boards so there hasn't been a huge focus on that at the moment, but there will be afterwards!  He's going to do great!  We'll share his birthday celebrations next!    

Last weekend I headed to my parents so Stephen could get some serious studying done.  I left him some "Pick Me Up" envelopes to get through all that alone time, and we went and played hard at my parents.  Well - they did teach me how to play Farkle - it's pretty fun actually and my sister took the cake by getting around 8 Farkles in a row.  THAT takes talent.  We laughed extremely hard which is good for the soul, and had some cake and ice cream for my dad's birthday (we're doing the big celebration with Steve's next week).  My dad was also so kind as to watch my kiddos while I went maternity clothes shopping for my sister and got some summer clothes for the kids. 
 
They even had fake bellies to try on with your clothes! ;)  Rach is no where near this big yet!

 We had a blast just hanging out all together over the weekend even though it rained the entire time!  Love family - they're the best. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment