Friday, April 11, 2014

Conference Weekend

There's something amazing about General Conference weekend.  It feels like a spiritual spa get away to me.  You can relax in your own home to watch it or attend if you like.  This time we stayed at home.  It is a true spiritual feast to hear from our living Prophet and Apostles and other leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I know that they receive revelation from our Father in Heaven as to what we need in our day and time and to remind and encourage us to turn more to our Savior, the scriptures, and prayer to become more like Him.  I'm so grateful we get this incredible blessing twice every year.  

I felt like more of the talks and counsel were focused on our need to stand up for what's right no matter the consequences.  To give us perspective on the trials that we face and how to use them for our improvement and good.  I can't wait to go back and study their words more along with my scripture study.  It gave me some great motivation to make some more goals in my life to improve the quality of life I'm living.  It was a fabulous weekend to say the least.  

The night before the weekend I surprised Stephen with a date to dinner and to see the new Captain America movie.  It was a good break from his crazy studying and a great movie to watch!  The rest of the weekend was being with family and watching Conference.

While the men went to the Priesthood session, we girls did our semiannual outing to Cheesecake Factory.  I was so determined to get something different, but ended up with the same dish - the chicken bellagio  - and was completely satisfied. Yum!  My kids did great there too which was a huge plus.

Sunday, Steve's family came up for the morning session. We made breakfast - pancakes with whole wheat flour - which was scrumptious.  It's always good being with the fam!  We got to meet a mission companion of my brother-in-law's who's from Botswana.  I realized Ruby had never seen a black person before and was quite curious about him.  He was so cute to her.  She warmed right up and wanted to play with him by the end.  
 
Conference Bingo with Grandpa - reversed.  You put all the M&M's on and eat one when something was said from your card....Ross seemed to think they said a lot of things. :)


Lounging and listening :)




Cutie grandma and cousin Alex

Ruby's new friend, Sima.

Morning Jammies!


Our own Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker - Rush Hour! :)


Such a SWEET pic of Grandpa and Alex

Grandpa REALLY wanted a picture with all the grandkids...do you think they were as interested???

We tried REALLY hard to make it work...but it really didn't. :)

Ruby had a thing for buckets on her head


And running in to things...


Anyway - if you'd like to take a look at what the conference was about - look here.  You won't regret it!  It's amazing!  Hooray for Church!

The kids LIVE for watching home movies of themselves...especially with Daddy. 

Ross seems to feel a need for EVERY toy to be accounted for, to not be left out, or to be guarded so Ruby can't steal them.  I can't decide...but I keep finding him like this!

Steve thought it would be a hilarious joke to see what his dad and brothers would say to this facial hair before the Priesthood session.  No one took it very well. ;)  Haha.  This is only two days worth too.  All I can say is if he ever wants his wife to kiss him he will forever avoid beards of any kind. :)

We went to see Non-Stop the movie - a pretty intense film.  This was outside the movie theater.  Can you spot what doesn't belong? ;) 

Ruby has become a crazy slide addict.  She LOVES them and can go down quite a few all by herself.

Ross isn't so much into slides...he prefers climbing up and down instead. :)

The weather has gotten so much warmer.  We drove with the windows down and Ruby LOVED it. 

Finding fire hydrants is like treasure hunting - and just as rewarding when you find the treasure. :)

I took the kiddos to a new amazing park - Mountview - that had some really fun stuff.  Ross and Ruby ate it up...well Ruby mostly tried to eat the wood chips, but Ross definitely loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment