Monday, April 14, 2014

Testimony FHE

Well, over the weekend the kids got to hang out with the grandparents to allow Steve some serious study time.  I dropped them off...but then had to come back up here to transport Steve from work to home.  So we basically had the weekend without kids.  I had this crazy itch to do all the things we can't do with kids...like just leave to somewhere on a whim, or have the TV volume up at an actual reasonable loudness without worrying its going to wake the kids, or go to a late movie like when we were first married.  All these things bounced around my head only to realize I would be doing them by myself since the whole point of having the kids with grandma and grandpa was so Steve could study.  This deflated my excitement a little bit...and left me feeling a bit without purpose not having anyone to look after.  Seriously.  It was the weirdest feeling.

My mom gave Stephen a cute "good luck studying" goodie bag which included a gift card to Olive Garden.  I did convince Steve to take a quick dinner break to go there.  DELISH - and surprisingly quick on a Friday night.  We got back and Steve followed up on his studies so I decided to have a date with Thor 2.  Oh Thor - I can never quite decide who I prefer more - you or Captain America.  You both are so yummy.

The next day we went to my cousin's wedding and I attended the reception with my parents while Steve went back to studying (side note - it may not seem this way - but Steve really is sick of studying...he's sick of talking about studying, thinking about studying...just the idea of studying!  Unfortunately that is pretty much his life at the moment until Boards...then he may get a life back and I'll have more to report on him. ;) ).
 
Ross has decided that if Daddy studies...then Ross has to study to.  He picked out his own book and everything - looks like he's studying the foot - and wanted a pencil to "write" in it too. (Hence the paper next to it to avoid any "extra notes" he wanted to add in.)  Ross LOVES being like Daddy :)


Story break!  They live for Daddy time.

My parents and I had a quick lunch break in between the wedding and reception to The Dodo (lots of eating out this weekend!)  We had the tollhouse pie, Banana Creamcheese Pie, and the Mocha Chocolate Cake.  All winners.  I got to spend some one on one time with my parents which is rare since I usually have my kids, and it was nice to just chat with them while we went to the reception and back.
 
My cousin Jillian and Dale.  It was a beautiful sealing and such a reminder of all the amazing blessings that come from making covenants in the Temple.  I love the Gospel!

THEN I finally was reunited with my kids - whew - I missed those babies.  They truly are my life and it never feels quite right without them around - even at their craziest. :)  

Anyway - so tonight we had our family home evening lesson Stephen prepared which was on Testimony.  I had shared my testimony in church a couple weeks ago and Ross came up wanting to have a turn, so he shared how he loved Heavenly Father and our family.  It was really sweet and touched my heart.  So our lesson talked about what a testimony is and how to share one.  Ross practiced sharing his just like King Benjamin in the Book of Mormon in Mosiah chapter 2 verse 7.  He stood on a tower and shared what he knew about the Gospel.  Ross loved it.  He was so sweet. :)  Also, Ross seems to have found a signature introduction of himself lately. If you ask who he is he'll say, "I'm Ross!  Ka-Chow!" It seems to just flow right off his tongue.  Cutie :)



Ross bearing his testimony!



He's offering his testimony to you. :)

Anyway - it's awesome being a parent and I know without my own testimony of my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ, I wouldn't realize how incredibly important and beautiful it truly is being in this role.     

Ross got some SWEET PJs in the mail from Grammy Joanne.  Can you tell he loves them?  (Also, standing on my piano bench has become quite cool.)

Muscles.

Sweetest face ever!
This is all Ruby would give me...silly girl.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment