It was a 5 hour test with only a 15 minute break after two hours - you take NOTHING in with you - not even a water bottle (seriously - how can you get your best brain juices flowing if you're dehydrated?), get a pat down, a locker for your stuff, and then sent to the mattresses. He fought a long, hard battle - nay - a full out war. He used up all 5 hours but for 6 minutes just to keep it real. ;)
I ran errands, cleaned, and didn't quite know what to do with myself without children for the five hours he was gone. When I picked him up he had half the burden of Boards off his shoulders. He was done!! So relieved to be finished, and not a clue as to how well he did. We didn't care though - he was finished! No more late nights, full weekends of studying. We had our Stephen back! Woot woot! We all knew he wouldn't be settled until he knew he passed - which according to his discharge info, would be in 10 business days. Boo.
| The Birthday Boy is DONE! ( Can you still sense the tension - whew, I can.) :) |
We headed down to get our kids, Steve was completely worn out. His mom did a nice birthday dinner and a little cake to celebrate his actual birthday (even though his party is this weekend), and we headed home.
The next few days Steve mulled over all the questions he thought he missed and worried all the while, while he tried to distract himself with regular life.
However, this last Wednesday night, Steve decided to check online just in case, and found THIS little baby!!!!!!!!!
![]() |
| He DID IT!!! |
He PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Truly - we needed ALL of those exclamation marks!)
He was shaking all over, a mixture of shock, pure joy, disbelief, and complete happiness. He danced around the room (to Ross and Ruby's entertainment - they soon joined in) and pumped his fist in the air about 1,400 times that night. :) We immediately started our prayers of gratitude, thankfulness, and humility for all God has blessed us with and for his help in our path. Truly we couldn't have done any of this without Him and His Son Jesus Christ.
| Now THERE'S a happy face. :) |
Stephen truly is the most wonderful man alive. He has worked so hard all throughout graduate school, and I say that in the context of setting his priorities in order. God and family always have come first in his life. He told me multiple times that if ever our marriage or family became rocky or strained because of graduate school, he would easily drop out to make things right. Because he put God and family first, somehow he always ended up, no only okay, but would pass all his tests and projects with flying colors. I'm not saying that happens for everyone. God's will is always what's best for us, but I've always known this path was what we needed to be on, and that God would make the difference to help us stay on it from the minute we knew we were going to Oregon for school. It's funny - I stress out about how everything is going to work out - from vacations, to day trips, to new phases (this is in part thanks to having children). I'm a worry wart. I always am checking on my children at night when they go to bed. I have to make sure doors and windows are locked, things are turned off, everything is the way it should be. But when it came to this phase of our lives in grad school with how much it would cost, the time, effort, and sacrifices it would take, I've never once worried that we wouldn't make it through. That is truly a tender mercy to me and a complete confirmation that God's hand is always there in our lives guiding us if we will put our lives in His hands. I am so grateful for everything we've gained from this experience, and I am in awe that it is already coming to a close. It has been a truly special time for us in our growth, our closeness as a family, our faith, and our dedication.
Life is good, and I am thankful. Congratulations to my incredible husband. We love you with all our hearts!
![]() |
| There's that gorgeous smile :) |


No comments:
Post a Comment