But not before he decided to spread his cold into his eyes. That Monday we made ANOTHER trip to the doctor for Pink Eye. His eyes were pretty terrible. I think I've sanitized my hands about three hundred times since Monday.
Sadly enough, on Wednesday I seemed to come down with some achy, hurts to swallow episode that has hung around a few days and managed to hit Stephen (harder than me...or maybe he's just more of a baby when he's sick ;) ) yesterday and today - he actually took a sick day - he NEVER does that).
We've been really careful with Ross's pink eye, but somehow couldn't dodge the bullet. Today Ruby got it, and Stephen got some of it yesterday (knock on wood for me). Thankfully, the doctor just called in a prescription for the antibiotic eye drops for her so I didn't have to make another trip.
Or did I?!
I THEN noticed Ross had broken blood vessels in the whites of his eyes which worried me, so we went in this afternoon to get THOSE checked. It was concluded that it seemed to be related to all his coughing he's done over the last week. HOWEVER, it was noticed that he had an infection in his right ear (AGAIN) and was put on a stronger antibiotic as of tonight.
| CUTE boys (notice the tissue - one of hundreds) photo bombing in the background. |
| Steve and Ross made a Dragon Wall (after watching How to Train Your Dragon). It has stayed up for the last four nights - it's that important! |
| His eyes look WAY better here. :) |
MAN - curve balls galore! We are SO ready to not be sick anymore. ESPECIALLY by the time we go to Oregon. We need to nip this in the bud! We were laughing because Ruby has now been given the nickname - Mad Eye Ruby since she has one eye that has the infection pretty bad. Poor thing. She's a good sport, unless I'm putting eye drops in her eyes (Ross too!). They do NOT like it.
| Me and Mad Eye Ruby. Poor thing! |
| “Constant vigilance!” in the words of Mad Eye Moody. |
| This may be the evidence that I'm next in the Pink Eye department. It's my own fault... |
| Still love how relaxed and happy Steve's smile is these days. :) |
| These two are just two peas in a pod - both fun loving and hilarious! |
Anyway - I'm ready to NOT be having movie marathons galore, rereading every book we own twenty times over (Ruby's current favorite is the Sesame Street book Peek-a-boo, I see you! (It seriously gets old after two reads). Ross prefers Picture books of trucks in which you're not allowed to say anything while he tells you each and every truck on every page.), checking on our caterpillars every ten minutes - well that's actually pretty interesting.
Side note - I did these butterfly kits with my first graders when I taught and decided Ross was old enough to do them this year. We LOVE it. Our caterpillars are all in cocoons now. It's going to be fun to see them as butterflies!
![]() |
| Fattening up our caterpillars |
![]() |
| Cocooned! |
Back on subject: Mostly, I'm ready to go OUTSIDE with our kids and socialize with others! We're all dying in here.
OH - on another note. Ross finished his swimming lessons! His best one was his last one. No tears and mostly did everything his teacher asked him to do. My heart melted watching him in his class. It was kind of surreal seeing him interact with the other kids and his teacher, learning something new. You always want your kid to do everything they're supposed to, but you realize you can't control every action they do - it's sweet and terrifying at the same time - if you're kid is THAT kid you swore would never do that thing...most likely your kid WILL be that kid you vowed would never behave that way. Ross was actually quite good, and I have more of a desire to put him in other programs and sports for him to grow. I realize he needs to feel safe before he's willing to try new things, and the more opportunities he has to try new things I think the quicker he will become at ease with the idea of trying them. Anyway - I will call his first swimming lessons a success!
![]() |
| He was so excited to bring me his check off card and show me his sucker - totally worth all the mom attachment issues with going to swimming lessons for him! |
![]() |
| Ruby thought it was hilarious to look down at Daddy every so often. :) |
Here's to getting healthy and moving forward with new things!






No comments:
Post a Comment