Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Merry Spring?

The snowflakes were massive!  Proper Christmas flakes.


Well this is what we woke up to this morning - a stark contrast to my festive spring wreath I have posted on my door. (Yes I'm mentioning my wreath again - I seem to have an obsession with it.  Sometimes I open my door for no reason other than to admire it for the umpteenth time...it's like when you've just deep cleaned and organized a room and you find yourself wandering back there just to look at it and feel satisfied all over again.) We got some fun pictures of it though before Steve headed off to school.  
Let me out!


Whenever the action is behind him he refuses to look at the camera.

Catching the snowflakes


My favorite pic of the lot.

Steve has been working on Ross's "fear" of boingy door stops with him.  Some days Ross thinks it's hilarious, and other days he comes whimpering for safety.  If we laugh when he does it - he seems to be fine.  He's quite the character.
Handsome profile

Dad showing the safeness of door stop boing-ing

Ross trying it

Liking it...


Awkward family pic :)



Funny scrunchy face

Attempting to eat dad's toe

I'm finding Ross is quite the stubborn little boy.  He is not interested in mimicking anything you do like waving or clapping hands; however, he finds it quite amusing when you mimic him.  He LOVES playing with magnets on the fridge and walking along all the cupboards in the kitchen.  He also ADORES his daddy.  He gets so excited when he gets home and cries if Steve puts him down. 

I just noticed today that Ross has figured out how to push himself up to a sitting position from his belly.  This is going to make things much easier for him.  He's even crawled a few paces on his knees but still resorts to the my-legs-have-gone-lame army crawl.  Very humorous.  I still can't believe that little boy is turning 1 on Sunday.  I've started weaning him which is so strange since I thought this day would never come with all the insanity that came with nursing, and now it's here.  My little Baby Ross isn't going to be a baby for much longer and that hurts my heart.  He's growing up too fast - but he gets more and more fun every day. 

I decided to reread The Hunger Games in preparation for the movie - which may turn out to be a giant mistake.  I forgot how gory that book can get.  I hope the movie doesn't over do it.  Anyway - life is great and we are just about ready to celebrate Christmas instead of Easter with this crazy weather!    

No comments:

Post a Comment