| Is this not the cutest little face who loves the sun?! |
So we have had some GORGEOUS days lately. Yesterday was the best one yet - but I'm thinking today might give that one a run for its money. The sun has been out the last four or five days, but it has been pretty cold despite the inviting visual display. Did we Oregonians care though? Heavens no! I even ditched my jacket a few days to confirm to myself that it was the middle of summer though I would still come back shivering. Ross and I have been regular swingers at the park next to our apartment. He's liking the swing more and more though he still can't decide if he wants to lean forward or backward while he swings. We've been regular walkers everywhere too. I'm sure soon enough I will be complaining about the atrocious heat and how I miss the days of sleeping with a blanket, but right now I'm enjoying the sunshine every chance it presents itself.
| Enjoying some grass |
| Not quite sure what he thinks about it. |
| Trying to come to terms with the feel of green soft yet prickly stuff. Note the one sock wonder - this kid was never born to wear socks - OR shoes. |
| Realizing you can break off the blades |
| Investigation complete - he can officially crawl on the grass. |
So back to the beautiful weather - I've decided smoothies are another way of pretending it's already the middle of summer. I got this smoothie recipe from an old roommate of mine, and I must say - it is very tasty. You'll have to try it. You get 4 servings of fruit, almost 2 servings of vegetables, and just over a serving of dairy. Yum!
1/2 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1 banana
1/2 cup fresh strawberries
1-1 1/2 cup spinach
small amount of skim milk
ice
| He wanted some too. |
| Yummy green smoothies! |
Don't hate me but I couldn't finish the Forgotten Garden. It drove me crazy that she never explained anything, just introduced more and more mysteries.
ReplyDeleteI am jealous at how green the grass is there!
Oh Diana! You missed out - don't worry - I only hate you a little bit. ;) I seem to love books that jump around time periods and characters - it ended so well for me too. - I won't lie - we love the green here - it's fabulous. You should come visit! :)
DeleteRoss looks like he has never seen the sun. Look at the squinting eyes. ;-)
ReplyDelete