| Ruby was really excited for Daddy's Birthday - she gave him as many smiles as she could stand. :) |
![]() |
| Ross clutching the blue truck of course. |
| Yay for friends :) |
| This pic is HILARIOUS - Ross was really excited for Daddy blowing out the candles...he was trying to help. |
| Cake and milk...mmmm |
Ross was VERY adamant about Steve's birthday from him. He told me he needed a truck...a BLUE truck (he even spoke the word BLUE with great emphasis). We hunted around Target which had basically NO trucks and ended up finding everything he could ever want in a BLUE truck at Walmart. It was deemed "Daddy's BLUE truck" and Ross happily held it in its box the rest of the store's trip. When we got home to wrap it, it finally dawned on Ross that this wasn't his present, but Daddy's. There were a few tears shed over this - poor thing. We immediately went downstairs to dad where he opened his present...okay - Ross handed it to him and tore it open for him while Steve was holding it. He immediately demanded that Daddy open it and then asked very nicely if Daddy would let him play with it. Lucky for us, Daddy is very kind and sharing and let him play with his new birthday toy. Ross VERY happily told Steve "Happy Birthday!" all day long. He still says it occasionally - cute boy.
| The coveted BLUE truck up close and personal. I had to take this picture after I pried it out of Ross's warm, asleep hand. Just kidding - but he seriously has played with this truck non-stop. |
| Blue truck playing with Wes |
| Cute boys |
Steve is determined to make exercising more regular this summer - so I supported that decision by NOT getting him oreos for his birthday and instead getting him some hand weights and a pull up bar (which he has already been using!) He also got Les Miserables unabridged as well as the 10th Anniversary Musical on Audio. We're a bit Les Mis obsessed lately. Overall I would say he had a nice birthday (I did make him blow up two of his birthday balloons and fix his birthday sign I had up...getting the BLUE truck took a long time that day!). I kept asking him to switch me ages, but he won't saying something about how men die earlier than women anyway so we might as well spend more time together...sigh...oh 30 - there's nothing I can do to prevent you.
Well our Miss Ruby has decided it's time to get moving. I hope it's not because I'm showing off her ADORABLE three layered leg rolls. (And yes that sounds like a delicious menu item at Panda Express.)
| I wasn't joking about this girl's legs - SO cute! |
On Friday Ruby decided to go big or go home and did about seven rolls in a row which was lucky for me and gave me enough time to grab the camera.
She didn't do it again until tonight when we were skyping with Steve's family. I guess she decided she had worked hard enough to deserve an audience for any sort of encore. She got quite the applause too - so she did it three more times.
Along with her sweet new moves she has added talking and singing to her list of accomplishments which she so graciously shared during our Relief Society meeting today at church. During the lesson she had A LOT to say - in a very sweet way of course. :)
| She has also found her feet which is adorable! |
Ross is happily back to his old self. I was so sad for a while to see him mope around everywhere and never be more than mildly happy for a whole week. I think whatever bug it was is finally out of his system and he's my energetic, sweet Roscopants again. We've been getting some color already with how nice the weather has been lately. Today it got to 84 which is nuts! Oh summer - you delicious drink of lemonade - you are very welcome in my house (as long as I have an air conditioner on hand).
| Trying to get Ross to let me take his picture - I have to be in it too. |
| Love these kiddos :) |
![]() |
| Just chillin' in the stroller eatin' dried mango after our excursion to the library for Children's Day where we scored a free book and watched break dancers perform. |
![]() |
| Out on a walk with our cute friend Paige and her mom - they wanted to hold hands :) |



Fun! Yay, for Ruby rolling! Tater finally figured it out too and is all over the place (FINALLY at almost 8 months, haha). Let's get together again soon, after finals of course. : )
ReplyDeleteOh stacey.... milk and cake is just not right!
ReplyDelete