Monday, May 13, 2013

4 Month Old Ruby

This chick is NOT slowing down for anything!  I can't believe she's already 4 months old - it's breaking my heart how fast she is growing.  And she is a BUSY bee trying to master the controlling of her cute little chubby body.
 
She needs to stop growing!  She's too adorable - I need to savor it more!







Adding some "emotion" to her pose. ;)

"This is a workout people!"

Ruby is weighing in at 17lbs 6oz - still above the 96th percentile.  Her height is 25 1/4 inches which is the 73rd percentile and her head is 16 3/4 inches which is the 90th percentile.  My babies' heads sure like to hang around there in the 90th percentile range - they're smart cookies. ;)  She is keeping up with her figure too - way to go Ruby Jubilee!
I have found that while she's nursing she is constantly arching her back and pulling away from me...I've learned this is because she's trying to practice her rolling over skills still.  There's no rest for this gal.  She's also got a set of pipes.  She chooses to use them when she's not interested in going to sleep - or after she's woken up.  Her shouts (yes - shouts) sound like she's heckling a ref at a soccer game - very loud - even a bit raspy.  However - it's like Dr. Jekylle and Mr. Hyde with her because the second you walk in there - she immediately starts grinning ear to ear, kicks her legs and waves her arms excitedly like "oh good - you heard me" and then starts talking to you, filling you in on all you've missed.  She's a very on/off girl.  She's either one or the other - never in between.

Rubes is enjoying sucking on her hands or consciously inspecting a toy placed in her palm these days.  She's has such a fascination with Ross - I think he's already her hero.  I mean - he can roll over on a whim, sit up by himself, and say about a billion words.  How could he not be her hero?  She LOVES it when he pays attention to her.  She also enjoys spending time with her Daddy - he always gets her smiles.  I won't lie - she is a VERY smiley baby.  I can't get enough of it.  

She likes to blow raspberries a lot and see how much she can drool.  She's not soaking her burp clothes as much - which is a HUGE  plus for mama (Happy Mother's Day to me)!  She loves observing everyone around her and is usually happy lying on her back playing with her toy gym or sucking on her hands in the swing.  

I have recently noticed she is just like her mommy and can't stand it when it's too hot (seriously - I become a very grumpy bear...Steve will attest to that).  Tonight I had to bring her in our air conditioned room on our bed for about 10 minutes to get her to calm down and cool down and go to sleep.  I'm glad I have a buddy to back me up when the room feels to hot. ;)  

Ruby is just our sweet filling in the cake.  She makes everyone happy and I can't get enough of her every day.  I savor the mornings when I feed her and it's just she and I for a little while.  She doesn't get a lot of just mommy and me time so it's nice to steal a few minutes with her in the mornings to give her some.  We just love this girl - she's such a keeper!

Other news includes us feeding the ducks again - one of Ross's favorite things to do. :)  

For Mother's Day we were lucky to have homemade blueberry pancakes with buttermilk syrup - mmmmm.  Steve was so nice and did all the dishes for the day and made dinner too.  Through all the sweat and tears he did it! (Okay - it was hot and humid so he was sweating...and the onions got to him) ;)  We got to skype our wonderful mothers and I got Mother's Day loves from my cute kiddos.  I'm so blessed to be a mother.  There is nothing so rewarding as this role.  My kids are one in a million!  Hooray for celebrating motherhood!
That's right - I was singing Life is a Highway once again - got the smile!

Come on ducks - eat it!


Ruby enjoyed watching the action from her carseat.

LOVE her cute double chin :)

Steve crying over onions - and Ross trying to comfort him - haha!

My handsome boy in his adorable bow tie...eating fruit snacks of course.

Mmmmm - I could eat him up!

He spent about 20 minutes playing with my tongs - he picked up every single one of his toys and put them away.  I'm so okay with this!

He's a focused little guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment