Another thing I have learned with Ruby is that she is a tremendous spitter upper. She does it quite often and spits up quite a lot. I've found if she suddenly stops eating that means I better hurry up and burp her unless I would like another of my many shirts soaked with some spit up. I had forgotten that phase of life when all I smell like is spit up. I can't say I enjoy being back to it. I do enjoy having a little baby to cuddle though once again on top of snuggling my little Roscopants who is getting too big for me to handle. Last night he even woke up in the night saying "owies" for a little while which we've afterwards attributed to him having growing pains. No more growing!! Seriously!
This week has been a fun, busy one. I am happy to report I have entered the exercising phase once again. I conquered my old pregnancy elliptical routine I did before Ruby is born. But doing my Jillian Michaels DVD has left me sore in every muscle I have attached to my body...oh how I've forgotten the price of fitness. The saddest part is - I did the wimpy version of her workout - and even sadder - I wimpified the wimpy version too...and still - here I am - complaining about my soreness. Oh well...I must continue.
| Every time I think this girl can't get any cuter... |
About a week ago my friend Kim and her husband scored a gift card to The Cheesecake Factory - my all time favorite restaurant. I raved to them about the avocado eggrolls and chicken bellagio that I always get. They went, thoroughly enjoyed my recommendations, and later Kim invited me to attempt making the chicken bellagio dish with her since they have the recipe posted on their website.
Our boys entertained themselves for the most part - the other part we just filled up with super healthy snacks like marshmellows and goldfish. Ruby was as precious as her name and was happy in the swing the whole time we cooked. It was a bit of a madhouse in the kitchen and we managed to fill up all the counter space with our work, but the end result was completely worth it. Who needs The Cheesecake Factory right?! Okay - well to be honest I think we're happy spending $14 on the dish and foregoing all the work/dishes/time/bill of ingredients, but we were VERY proud that we could do such a good copycat of my favorite dish. We all very much enjoyed it!
| Yes - it did taste as good as it looked - it really did. |
| Another picture to taunt you. |
Now we're into March - where the heck did February go? Ross is turning 2 this month and I'm in complete denial. He is so stinkin' adorable and fun to be with. He loves to put on his crocs that match mine (mostly because he can do it himself) and always has to have his jacket on too if the shoes go on. He's loving playing with Ruby more and getting her to smile. He has this weird obsession with making sure she always has a binky in her mouth whether she's crying or not...seriously - she'll be in a dead sleep and if I'm not watching he's trying to shove the binky in her mouth. He's very serious about binky issues. I've also found if I'm cooing at Ruby he want to come sit on my lap or snuggle with me and have me coo at him too - silly boy. He can say "Francesco" and "Piece of Cake" really well. "Francesco" may be my favorite thing he is currently saying.
Steve continues on - after the first week of classes he informed me he's ready for summer...just after one week. :) This boy is ready to be done with school! He's so brilliant and amazing though. I can't believe how much time and effort he puts into his schooling - quality time and effort at that. He is making so much of his life and I am so glad our little family is all a part of it. He is wonderful!
| Ross enjoys a good tummy time with Ruby - he loves it actually! |
| He's cheering her on reminding her he hated tummy time too back in the day. She'll get through. |
| Especially if she can have encouraging kisses from her brother. :) |
| This kid knows how to fill his role. :) |
| I LOVE this picture - LOVE IT!!!! |
Anyway - there is an update - here's to a week of getting a bit more sleep now that we're healthing up and Ruby's getting older! Cheers!
Soooooooo cute! Miss Rubes is so alert now, as compared to her newborn phasey-days! Love you all sweeties. Stephen's tossing of Ruby may be contributing to the spit-ups! JK :-) I could hear Ruby snort I think in the video with Ross on the couch - he he!
ReplyDeleteSo bring the recipe along for the Belaggio chicken please :-)
ReplyDelete