For that reason I've gone from practically despising March to having mixed feelings - just like the weather. On his birthday though - I love March. :) We've been venturing out a bit more in the world lately and I've braved up with the sunshine that has presented itself the last few days and gone out in it. It's been LOVELY.
I feel the need to report a few things that we love about our little kiddos. I have found that sometimes when I'm trying to get Ross to eat veggies or something else he's not really interested in, if we do a "Cheers!" with it - e.g. a sugar snap pea in my hand and one in his that we bump together before taking a bite - he will eat better for me. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa White for introducing "Cheers" at their Christmas visit and my mom for expanding it to healthy foods too. :)
Every morning Steve is home - he and Ross have a ritual. Steve gets Ross up, they go downstairs, pour themselves a bowl of Wheaties, get two spoons, sit at the table, and enjoy their breakfast together. Without fail - after Ross's first bite, he'll stop, look at you, and say "Like it!" like he's never had Wheaties before (like every single day that week).
When I get Ross up, I ask him if he'd like some oatmeal - which gets him to pop out of bed. I change him - during which we talk about what he dreamed about - this involves me guessing and Ross repeating after me smiling. We head downstairs, pour some oatmeal, cook it, and put in a scoop of brown sugar for good measure and bring the blueberries with us. He sits in his chair, we say some prayers, he takes his first bite (P.S. The way he says oatmeal is SO cute!), and looks at me and says "Like it!"
He loves getting Ruby up and giving her kisses. He also loves to help me give her a bath (the cleansing spray bottle is his favorite). Sometimes he'll tell me "Ruby bouncer!" or "Ruby swing!" when he is wanting more of my attention. He usually is pretty patient with her. He likes it when I nurse her, because he usually gets a snack or gets to watch a little show then. Lucky pants.
| Ross and his good buddy Wesley having some reading time. |
| Exploring Lincoln Park |
| Getting some Daddy time in with the kiddos....right next to a pack of diapers - we need to have those on hand everywhere! |
Ruby is becoming more and more drop dead gorgeous. Her baby blues get brighter and brighter every day. She is usually quite content and likes to watch all of us bustling about playing, cleaning, cooking. I think she would lose the keep-a-straight-face game VERY easily. She LOVES to smile. I can't believe she is 8 weeks old - almost 2 months now! She's not sleeping through the night just yet, but I have high hopes. I only have to get up once to feed her which is doable at the moment.
I am working on fitting in maintaining the house on top of taking care of two kiddos. I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Ross is very encouraging since he loves to help clean anyway. Though - this week with the good weather - cleaning has been thrown out the window.
Steve has been plugging away at school. He is hanging out in a wheelchair this weekend for an assignment. He's spent the whole evening practicing wheelies while we watch TV.
| A wheelie |
| I tried to get him to go higher... |
| Yes - I did laugh. :) |
It's been a good week. We love this family of four!
No comments:
Post a Comment