![]() |
| This boy loves a good chocolate dipped pretzel! :) |
![]() |
| Love a chocolate mouth! |
![]() |
| So excited! |
![]() |
| This girl's ready for the party! |
![]() |
| LOVE her! |
We had his party the Saturday before since Daddy will be very busy all throughout the week with exams and projects. We invited his little friends, and lo and behold - EVERYONE could come. That ended up being 17 little friends plus parents - YES - in our little apartment. I was quite worried about the space - which put our Thanksgiving celebration to shame. We hauled a few pieces of furniture upstairs and made it as open as we could. It was a bit crazy, but super fun. We loved having everyone over. We had his best buds Wes, Davin, Parker, Skylar, Naomi, Caleb and Brenna, Paige, Carson, Hayden, Belle, Cache, Paige (another Paige), Matt, Lydia, Carter, and Jack.
That night before I was attempting to put everything together - we put up decorations and I had to finish the cake the next morning.
![]() |
| Hooray for 2nd Birthdays! Boo for red icing the runs... |
After I finished the cake - Ross woke up and came down for his daily breakfast of Wheaties. He saw the cake with Mater and McQueen on it and kept saying to me "Hold it! Hold it!" Poor guy - I wouldn't let him hold them until after he blew out the candles during his party. He had a melt down or two before then...hey - it was going to ruin the cake if I gave in!. After he got over not being able to hold Mcqueen and Mater - he looked around and saw this guy...
![]() |
| I painted him myself! :) |
His reaction was priceless.
He kept giggling to himself and mumbling "Mater" the rest of the day. Love that boy!
![]() |
| The Spread |
![]() |
| Celery Sticks with cream cheese and peppers :) |
![]() |
![]() |
| The party favors - bubbles, Cars fruit snacks, and stickers. |
We had a bunch of balloons all out for kids to play with - Ross of course popped a couple beforehand...and was traumatized. (This kid had a hard morning before his party!) We managed though.
![]() |
| The kids started coming :) |
![]() |
| Par - Tay! |
![]() |
![]() |
| We managed to squeeze everyone in... |
![]() |
| Using every nook and cranny in our house. |
![]() |
| "I love you pretzel!" Just kidding - I'm sure he was thinking that though. |
![]() |
| He carried that chocolate face the fest of the day. :) |
![]() |
| Ross and Daddy |
![]() |
| Pin the Teeth on the Mater |
The kids showed up and we just played with toys, balloons, and colored pictures of Cars characters. Then we played Pin the Teeth on the Mater. That was pretty fun. We only blindfolded the bigger kids - who seemed to still do better than the little kids. :)
We sang a rousing round of Happy Birthday to Ross (who got very shy during it), blew out the candles (after which Ross immediately got his McQueen and Mater) and served up the cake.
![]() |
| A bit shy for the singing of Happy Birthday - he still blew out the candles though. :) |
![]() |
| Playing with the cake Mater RIGHT after. |
![]() |
| Yes - cute babies came to our party too. |
![]() |
| I lost Ruby for a bit - I found her here - enjoying being held. :) |
![]() |
| I LOVE this picture - love Ross's cake face! |
![]() |
| Presents! |
![]() |
| This kiddos surrounded us! |
![]() |
| This is my "how cute!" face. Ross is trying to make sure Parker doesn't take his toy. ;) Carter would also like to play with it. :) |
![]() |
| Gotta get some McQueen PJs :) |
![]() |
| Isn't this smile to die for! :) Cute Davin. |
![]() |
| Ross carried his Mater, McQueen and new firetruck everywhere throughout the party. |
![]() |
| Cutie! |
![]() |
| Wesley our master colorer. |
![]() |
| We had to have cute girls come of course! Naomi is so adorable! |
Present opening followed. This kid was showered with them! (That's what happens when 17 kids come to your party.) Everyone was so nice - we were so glad to have everyone come.
![]() |
| Mom and kids :) |
![]() |
| A girlie picture. |
![]() |
| Kim and Wes - he's going to be a big brother too :) just like Ross is now. |
![]() |
| Licking off the extra chocolate. |
![]() |
| Some gorgeous Auntie pictures! I couldn't have gotten the party together without this girl. She was a star throughout the whole party! Love her! (I mean Megs - I do feel the same about Ruby too.) |
![]() |
| Ross needed a nap - but this was the best we got of the clan together. |
![]() |
| It's my party - I can cry if I want to! :) And he's going down for a nap! |
![]() |
| Thanks so much for visiting Megs! |
![]() |
| Sibling pic! |
![]() |
| I had to get some pics of our spring daffodils :) |
![]() |
| Using my cute wreath I made last year again - oh how I love it! Happy Spring! |
![]() |
| Happy Birthday Little Buddy! You are too fun! |

































































I got all emotional the other day because Henry is less than 2 months from 2. But after seeing how fun Ross's party was and how stinking cute he is, maybe 2 won't be so hard after all. Great job on the food and decorations, by the way. Good mom.
ReplyDelete