Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ross's First Halloween

We had a really great Halloween with Ross.  The day itself went pretty normal - but we dressed up and went to the ward trunk-or-treat...and greatly underestimated the turn out.  We had bought two measly bags of candy that were gone within about 10 minutes of being there.  I had never been to a trunk-or-treat before so I had no idea what to expect.  So instead of feeling like fools sitting there with an empty bowl we wandered around looking at everyone's costumes.  We ended up getting 3 pieces of candy that were encouraged upon us.  I don't really feel like Ross could trick-or-treat since he can't eat any of the candy anyway - and we're not going to mooch off of him because that's weird...at least to us.   I've also learned I have become a very grumpy adult.  I have major issues with teenagers trick-or-treating.  If they are over 12, aren't going to dress up, and hold a backpack out for candy - they can hit the road!  I will openly refuse to give them candy - it's awkward enough them even asking for it.  I guess I'm the grinch of Halloween, but we only had two bags of candy to begin with anyway!  Okay - I'll step off the soapbox. 
It was a really fun night...we got home with no candy and felt bad because there were trick-or-treaters going around the neighborhood too so we zipped to the store to grab some candy quick.  Good thing too since of the two more bags we got 3/4 of it was taken.  It was fun getting trick-or-treaters for once.  We're never get them in our old apartment.  Steve told me the Mexican culture really gets into Halloween - we had lots of Latinos come - they had some pretty cute costumes too.  After Ross went to bed all worn out from being so cute in his costume - Steve and I watched The Ghost and Mr. Chicken - a classic Don Knotts movie and very appropriate for Halloween.  I'm realizing holidays are way more fun with kids - even though Ross is just a baby - we have a reason to make a big deal out of it now. :)  

Pretty much the cutest pumpkin in the world!

He enjoyed sucking on his leaves.

Dad the posh farmer...this was the only hat I could find for cheap!

Ross wouldn't look at the camera...

Halloween family
Waiting for the trunk-or-treaters to come.  Ross is guarding the candy.
So Snow White here is my visiting teaching companion.  I thought, by far, this was the greatest set of costumes I saw.  She looks like she could work at Disneyland!  I bet they'd hire her on the spot!  They have six kids and used a little doll to be Sleepy.  Hilarious!


Our glowing pumpkins. :)


A random hilariously cute picture of Ross in a blanket. :)


Which one's Ross???

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! Love all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the teenage trick or treaters. If you're too old to carry a plastic pumpkin, you're too old for trick or treating.

    And Ross is a way cute pumpkin. Why is it so fun to dress babies up in costumes?

    ReplyDelete