| Making 11 wishes because I can do that. (In my cheesy 5k fiesta shirt. Yes I got in pjs before we did birthday cake. I can do that too. ;) ) |
| 11-11-11 birthday! Going to the Temple! The Portland Temple was so beautiful. Love it! P.S. Steve did have a tie - in his pocket. Haha. |
We scrunched my dad and sis into our little apartment and had a grand ol' time. My dad went right to work fixing everything he could think of in our apartment. I think my favorite was the creaky floors. He's a miracle worker! Because of him we now have a new plunger, a hide-a-key, a new air mattress, a fixed cigarette lighter (you know - for all the cigarettes we smoke...okay maybe it's to plug in our gps so we can find the airport!), and he even tried to buy us another shower curtain rod...except for the fact that we already have another one he bought us a couple years ago we just didn't bother to put up! My dad sure has a thing for shower curtain rods. ;) Love ya dad! He spoiled us rotten and has truly attempted to fatten us up even more with all the ice cream and treats he bought. Good thing Ross isn't allowed to have any or he'd be bouncing off the walls!
Rach came and was so fun to hang out with too. I miss that girl! She's all grown up, but she's still my baby girl sis. We had a great time taking pictures and playing with Ross (when my dad would let us). We even played some Donkey Kong on the Wii. Don't worry Rach - you'll pass the Barrel level someday. She's a good sport too letting me trickle off all my advice and opinions on her life. I just have a lot of high standards for her I believe. And of course - if everyone just followed my advice they would all have better lives. ;)
We took my dad and sis to Tillamook where we sampled cheese and their cuisine and braved the misting rainy winds at the lighthouse. We skipped out on the beach due to the cold weather. It was still pretty though - and the drive was breathtaking with all the colors of fall everywhere. Sunday we chilled out after church and had some breakfast for dinner - so good. On Monday I took them to Multonomah falls (are you noticing how we've taken them everywhere we've been...Steve and I need to find some more stuff to do so we can entertain visitors). They were so beautiful and TWICE the size the were when Steve, Ross, and I went before! My dad and sis were very impressed and snapped a million pics. It was pretty fun.
The time went by way too fast! Though I'm sure they're happy to go home to their own beds and more than one bathroom...and not having an early rising baby wake them up. They were good sports and entertained Ross the whole time. He sure loves them. Now it's back to getting this baby on his routine...wish me luck!
| Starting the pictures off strong with a cute one of Ross. |
| Pulling and testing grandpa's hair to make sure it's him. |
| Yep - that's Grandpa Stan. |
| Okay now give me back your hair! |
| I told Rachel I would put her to work...here's the evidence. :) |
| I think I enjoyed putting everyone to work. Who else agrees that a man in an apron cooking (or cleaning for that matter!) is the hottest thing since sizzling bacon? |
| My dad and Rach went out snapping pictures of the beautiful leaves. These are courtesy of them. |
| Visiting Multonomah Falls. It was misting like Niagra Falls! |
| Ross had his rain cover. He wasn't too fond of it at the moment. |
| What do you want? |
| My dad wondered why I always have my Boppy behind him... |
| This is why...the prevention of permanently bonked heads. |
| Napping when he can in all the chaos. |
| Showing his rough and tough side by wearing daddy's hat. |
| The Cape Meares lighthouse amidst the misting rain and wind. Steve's trying to man it by saying no to the umbrella! |
| Cute sisters and Ross pic. |
| Giant leaves in a mossy stump. |
| I couldn't believe my dad AND sister had never played Jenga...it's a classic game! They loved it...and of course because it was me who lost both games! |
| Dad strategically taking his turn... |
| Rachel kept calling Steve the blockhead from this picture. Great pic of my dad's finger working the magic! |
| Auntie and Nephew! |
| Portland on the way to the airport...so pretty! |
| Cheese!!! :) Haha - get the pun?...haha...get it? :) |
| We're so romantic - yes - we've still got it after 4 years and a baby. ;) |
| Putting Rachel to work AGAIN...Ross thinks it's hilarious! |
| I'm going to make this as hard for you as possible! |
| Ready for a chilly walk in his winter 6-12 months coat that just barely fits him! |
| Basketcase - he's such a clown! |
| Thanks for a great visit! We loved having family here! |
| Ross sure loved his grandpa...he got whatever he want...without reason! |
| See you soon Auntie Rach! |
No comments:
Post a Comment