Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Remember Remember Good ol' November

I think anyone's birthday month feels like the best month of the year to them.  At least it does to me.  I love November - I love having my birthday in this month -but it's not just because of that.  I think it's because Thanksgiving and Christmas soon follow, and I love the spirit that's everywhere during those two holidays.  Guy Fawkes Day is the 5th of November - one of the random crazy holidays England has celebrating the execution of the man who tried to blow up the Parliament building.  They all set off fireworks like crazy and have bonfires while burning stuffed dummies of Guy Fawkes.  It depended on where you were in the mission whether or not you were allowed to go out and work.  I loved it though because it meant another holiday in my favorite month!  
Things are going well here in the White house...I should say White apartment or flat.  We're really boring people.  Steve goes to school and I keep Ross on his toes...or maybe it's him keeping me on mine.  Ross has been exploring his ability to roll back and forth.  He doesn't really go anywhere since he only rolls one way from his belly to his back and then rolls back to his belly the way he came.  He does, however, use this ability to do 360s.  He likes to scrunch his nose at you while he's smiling now...I'm not sure if it's just because Steve and I do it to him all the time when we're smiling at him.  He's a good little sleeper and has made record distances when it comes to spitting out his food when he's feeling done with the whole thing.  He enjoys playing with his toys - but likes the basket they are in better.  :)
I'm enjoying being 27 for as long as I can.  It's funny how you'd like to try and fight the system of getting older - pushing, pulling, scratching - whatever you can do, but really it's all just inevitable.  Yet - we still do it.  It's like I'm mentally putting forth the effort NOT to be 28...but it's coming...in  two days.  I'm thinking you just keep resisting until you hit 30 and that's where you resort to just lying about your age to everyone and yourself.  I'm still 17 in my mind - no way mature enough to be 28 - yet here we are 11 years later.  Which reminds me - aside from the age progression - this will be the best birthday ever if only for the date!  I remember dreaming of this day since I was a little kid - the whole reason my birthday is the day it is.  11-11-11.  Once every 100 years!  I better be dead or in the millennium.  Steve has been a total romantic and has gotten me a gift every day this month.  11 days of gifts.  So fun!  Like always - he's so thoughtful. :)  I'm trying to decide what to do at  11:11 on 11-11-11.  It's got to be something amazing...I've got two chances that day too.  We'll see what happens.  Anyway - here are some cute pictures of Ross swinging!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment