Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Piano Recital "Under the Sea" 2015

So since moving here and after having Rowland, I decided I wanted to teach piano lessons.  There is quite the demand for piano teachers I guess, so I thought I'd try it out since I love teaching and I love piano.  

I slowly added a few more students here and there, and now have a nice comfortable 7. I decided to do a recital this fall with a water theme - Under the Sea.  TOTALLY and completely borrowed it all from my amazing friend, Maren, who is also a fellow piano teacher with great big ideas for recitals.  She and I both enjoy entertaining and having themed parties - so she channeled that in to her recitals.  After starting up my piano teaching, I just HAD to follow suit.  She even let me borrow all her incredible decorations.

I went a bit - okay, maybe A LOT - overboard, but I was just so excited to decorate and make all the refreshments.  I'm sure I weirded out my students with me updating them on my plans as they came for lessons.  But I think everyone had a grand ol' time.

I spent a good 4 hours setting it up, and baking all the day and night before, but we got it all set for that evening in time, and they all did a wonderful job!  A couple of my students did duets with their parents.  One of which accidentally played the duet piece solo, and then expected their mom to duet the one they had never practiced.  Haha.  It still worked out in the end though. :)
 
Stringing the lights was, of course, the hardest and most time consuming part, but it sure looked cool!


Dessert table :)










The audience :)



We had songs from Down By the Bay to Rain Dance to Super Mario Brother's Underwater Theme Song, and my students all seemed really excited to perform.  It was short and sweet too with only seven students.  I was so proud of them and am excited to see more of their progression through piano.  It was a great night. :)

 
My cute students :)











This little one wanted to just lick all the frosting off the cupcakes ;)

AND she wanted to just eat all the goldfish. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment