Tuesday, November 10, 2015

November Happenings...

Well after getting home, we decided to celebrate by getting flu shots...

Ross was pretty mad about his, but he REALLY wanted an ice cream cone, so with a pouty face, he went through with it.  He got a pretty sweet bandaid he liked afterwards too.



 
Doing good now he's got his Spiderman bandaid

Here's Rowland's before and after reactions....
 
Before - no idea what's coming...


Got the shot...

His reaction after...he pretty much yelled out, and that was it.  Haha.

Our friend's dog, Thor and Rowland checking each other out.

Ruby still has to get hers since she was sick when we went in to get them.  
 
CUTE Ruby :)

Ruby also started her dance class - which she LOVES with all her heart.  Whether she listens/stays in the dance room/leaves the mirror and pictures alone or not - well - that's up for debate, but she has a VERY patient dance teacher, Miss Lea, and a LOVE for dancing.  I was so excited for her cute leotard and ballet shoes, it was pure pleasure watching her in her dance class.  She's also VERY pleased to have her own class to go to since she always has to watch big brother go to preschool, soccer, swimming, gymnastics all the time.  She's finally getting old enough to participate a little more. :)  Every time we drive by the dance studio, she always has to point it out, "There's my dance class, Mom!  There it is!"  Love her.
 
SO excited for the dance class!


Come on mom!  Let's go!


Oh my heart - LOVE LOVE LOVE

Ruby also begs Ross to dance all the time (or anyone for that matter) by extending her arm and saying, "Want to dance?"  with a huge smile on her face.  Ross gave in this time...and melted all our hearts.

 
A To Do and Done chart I made at the MOPS group I'm in.  I revamped it a bit.  The kids love it - I just have magnetic tape on the back of the laminated pictures I made myself. ;)  I have a copy of them if anyone is wanting it. ;)

Went to the annual craft show here in Lamar.  LOVED this, but it was gone by the time I went back to buy it....trying to order it now!

We've also been raking leaves (okay I've been - and then they jump in them, etc. etc. etc., and then we go inside with leaves still out everywhere because someone had a meltdown or needed the bathroom, or a snack...it's the thought that counts right?)

Putting these kids to work again! ;)

Ross had a blast with this remote control car.  He even let Ruby have a turn after lecturing her not to let it drive out onto the street. ;)

We had our first snow day - well the snow was pathetic, but the storm prevented Daddy from going to work (hooray for us!).  Instead, we snuggled inside, tried out Daddy's headlamps, and I made ratatoille for dinner (it took like 5 hours with all the chopping, blanching, roasting, slicing, and sauteing - french cooking is pretty detailed!) while we watched Ratatoille.  The dinner took so long, we ended up feeding the kids something else (they wouldn't have eaten the ratatoille anyway) and put them to bed, and then Steve and I enjoyed the fruits of my labor...funny - it was eaten in 5 minutes...worth the 5 hours of cooking?  It was DELICIOUS, but I would happily pay $12 to save me 5 hours of cooking and then dishes afterwards.  

Baby brother snuggles when it's cold :)

Ruby regularly likes to cuddle up in our huge blue blanket.

The storm... ;)


Enjoying Dad being home any chance they get - they clobber him whenever he's around. :)

Approval of the meal ;)

I even folded the napkins...if I was going to spend 5 hours cooking - I was going to dine in style!



Attempt at plating it like the movie... hahaha
 
Thoughts??? ;)




It taste DIVINE - with 7 vegetables!

Rowly's also been playing with fish lips lately and gets a kick out of it too. :)




Found out soon after - he was getting a tooth!  


Trying to get a peek at the tooth!



Made another batch of these babies for Steve's work. ;)

OH - and then he decided to get going on the crawling thing for real...which was quickly followed by pulling himself up.  This baby is on the move, and I am feeling the "three children" thing now.  



I got a make over by Ruby (invisible make-up, and she did my hair) and was armed to defend myself from bad guys and given a lesson on how to use it by Ross.

Ruby the hairdresser!

Locked and Loaded

Ross entertaining Rowland at lunch.

Random cute picture of Alex and Rowly

Made Costco soup on a cold day.  SO easy and yummy!
2 cups diced chicken (or more)
1/2 container Jacks Special Salsa
1 container mango Salsa
1 quart of chicken Broth
1/2 bag Costco frozen corn

Ross wanted a picture of a chip ;)

And soup... (that he didn't eat)

And a blue cup ;)

My fall table center piece too ;)
My redneck version placement of the Johny Jump Up - in the closet next to the kitchen - it's perfect!

This kid is a PRO jumping - he totally gets the boingy springy action down pat!

There's that tooth coming in and the second one just broke through.


LOVE those baby browns :)

More painting :)

This girl LIVES for painting.

I've accumulated a few helpers to feed Rowland - he doesn't seem to mind. :) and I have found Ross has a knack for leading the waltz. ;)

Cute helper number one!


Cute helper number 2!  LOVE that girl's eyes :)

We also went to Garden City for a youth activity since Steve is the Young Men's president.  We ended up going late and then made it to their free zoo for about 35 minutes...we did get to see lemurs and flamingos, but all the other animals were getting taken inside - so we got a bunch of pictures with statues instead, ;)  We had some dinner at Ihop, I went crazy at Hobby Lobby (90% off Halloween!!) and then came back home.  Woot woot! 





Lions were inside so Ruby hugged this one.



Turtles were sleeping - so we saw this bench instead ;)

And we saw a praying mantis


This fish were out though!


Also started a happy fuzzy and a sad fuzzy jar to fill - happy FILLED jar gets a fun time out with mom or dad, a sad FILLED jar gets something taken away.  VERY useful. :)

We also got a lovely cocktail of illnesses that everyone so generously passed around from runny noses to coughs to pink eye!!  BLAH.  I think it's finally gone now though.  Here's to wishing for a healthy winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment