Friday, November 27, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving 2015

We stuck around this Thanksgiving and celebrated with our friends, the Dursts and the Andersons.  We thoroughly enjoyed and engorged ourselves.  Steve and I made sure to get some serious exercise in before we went - so we didn't feel like total garbage about ourselves after we stuffed ourselves with all the good food. ;)

I made the rolls, green beans, and some pies to contribute.  I absolutely detest making pie crusts, but decided to give it a try again...they turned out in the end, but it didn't change my feelings towards them.  I made a pretty bomb apple pie, and then a pumpkin creamcheese (that I later found out - in the entire group - I was the only one who liked pumpkin pie!).


So the apple pie has a turkey on top of it - with a burned beak ;)

Ross my helper :) (With his crab pinchers)
Ross got to celebrate at preschool by having a Pow Wow

And be a pilgrim. :)


We ate in the afternoon, let the kids play while we played a fun game called Dudo with dice and then enjoyed some pie and more visiting.  
 
We forgot his glasses ;)


Rowly felt pretty cool eating off our plates

Ruby at a roll...and like three bites of turkey - don't over do it girl. ;)



Rowly and his cute friend Knox scoured for cheerios..


I'm thankful for such a wonderful family I get to be with and take care of.  I'm thankful for good friends who are generous and thoughtful.  And I'm thankful for a Savior and Heavenly Father who created this world for us to experience and be blessed with.
 
The Harvest sign - to make us Thanksgiving-y ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment