Saturday, July 25, 2015

7 Goes to Heaven

So Steve and I had an anniversary.  Another one - can you believe it?  Time just passes so quickly.  

Who would have thought we'd have lived in three different states (a baby souvenir for each of them), finished grad school and gotten a bomb job, and be buying a house for the three crazy cute kids we have.  

I will say they have been 7 incredibly sweet years.  Steve and I have our ups and downs just like anybody else, but never, not once, have I ever worried for our marriage.  Stephen is a wonderfully devoted husband, who I know is completely in love with every part of me.  It is completely comforting to feel so at ease knowing Stephen White is my best friend for eternity, and I know he feels the same.  

Over seven years we realize we are also quite different from each other, and have to make room for the different ways we each do things.  Having children seems to bring that out more in each of us too, which has made it that much more important for us to make sure we are centered and on the same page with each other frequently.  

To commemorate our Anniversary, we decided to leave town and drive an hour...to another small town!  But this town had a Village Inn (which we don't have) and we were totally in the mood for pie. ;)  I thoroughly enjoyed this because it gave us an hour each way to just talk and hang out together.  


I won't lie - it was pretty good pie. ;)


We reflected on how we've spent other anniversaries which went something like this:
1st Year: Cafe Rio and the Provo Temple
2nd Year: St. George, Tarzan at the Tuacahn, Anasazi Steakhouse (pregnant with Ross)
3rd Year: Provo Temple and Cafe Rio - Top Tier Wedding Cake remade - delish!
4th Year: Anniversary Inn and Salt Lake Temple - The Blue Iguana (pregnant with Ruby)
5th Year: Portland Temple and Cheesecake Factory
6th Year: Hawaii Temple and D.K. Steakhouse (Pregnant with Rowland)
7th Year: Denver Temple (couple weeks before) Village Inn, and Ant Man movie

We have spent our anniversaries in a variety of ways, but truthfully, it doesn't matter how we spend them, just knowing we're together and still going strong with more potential to reach is the best part.  I enjoy celebrating by going to the Temple and renewing our covenants and being reminded of the most important parts of our marriage.  

We also talked about how our love languages are a bit different and made some goals on how to speak each other's more and spend more quality time together.

I love Stephen with all my heart and I'm so glad to be his wife forever.  He is my everything and I would marry the heck out of him a million times over if given the chance again.  He is the other pea in my pod, and the sanity to my craziness.  Seven goes to heaven!  Let's keep on the trek, Brown Eyes.  Happy Anniversary to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment