Steve's parents came the Friday before, so we took them to a DELICIOUS steakhouse in Grenada called the Triple T. It did not disappoint. Afterwards we stayed to watch some of the beautiful fireworks.
![]() |
| Putting Grandpa to work (well trying) Grandpa was pretty tired. "Grandpa, stop falling asleep!" |
The next morning was kind of a late morning. We hung out enjoying family (they don't do parades in Lamar!) and then did a little shopping before going to the pool. It was fabulous! We thoroughly enjoyed it.
![]() |
| Ready to celebrate! Compliments of Grammy Joanne |
| Rowland was the ultimate lounger. He loved floating around with Grandma! :) |
Then, we got ready and went to our friends - the Dursts for a BBQ. We had fun eating, playing Corn Hole, kids getting face painting, and just visiting. The fireworks showed up later which was also fun - until children started having meltdowns from exhaustion. We knew we had reached our limits so we headed home and threw the kids in bed. :)
| Ultimate 4th of July boy - complete with BBQ hotdog, corn on the cob, homemade rootbeer and festive shirt! |
| Sharing with Grandma :) |
| My 4th of July Trifle! (Hilariously and English dish - to celebrate an American holiday - I went for the colors - okay?) :) |
![]() |
| It was so delicious I made another one for a dinner we had with the missionaries later. :) I had to take another picture! |
| Whoops - zoom was on. |
| Ruby was done by the time I fixed the zoom lol. :) |
| Rowly hangin' with Grams |
| Our friends the Mackeys |
| Some more friends! The Dursts |
| Grandpa and Grandma - with Rowland eating hands. :) |
| Steve and I didn't realize we were both wearing red Hawaiian shirts...I guess we're missing Hawaii! |
| I got Ross to pose like this haha - so we could see the back of his shirt. :) |
| Corn Hole - Steve and his Dad dominated! |
| Our attempt at face paint with a wiggly Ruby. |
| My attempt at an airplane - don't judge! |
| The best I could get with exhausted 4th of July kids! |
| Really - no one wants to look at me! |
| Rowland's face paint - compliments of Rindy! |
| Playing with glow sticks and watching fireworks in the treehouse. |
We enjoyed Sunday with Church, relaxing and playing with Grandpa and Grandma, and then on Monday Claudia and I did a massive sewing project (she helped me catch up on my quilt) while Steve and his dad figured out the sprinkler system. That night Steve and I got to sneak out to see Jurassic World too - and loved it! Then, just like that, Grandpa and Grandma had to go home. Too fast. We miss them like crazy! But, we loved having some time to visit with them too.
| Love story time. |
I'm so grateful to have an extra special day to be reminded of how wonderful and beautiful freedom is, and to reverence those who put their lives on the line to protect that freedom. We should all continually be mindful of that and be thankful for those who gave their lives for that cause. I know I am. Happy Independence Day!





No comments:
Post a Comment