At his 6 month check up, he weighs 16lbs. 13.5oz - 29th percentile, 25 1/2 inches long - 10th percentile, and has a 17 inch head circumference - 25th percentile. He's perfectly little and chubby for his size.
I can't help but feel the need to eat up his chunky cheeks, belly, arms, and thighs all the time. He's a completely kissable baby. And his to-die-for baby brown eyes are almost more than I can stand.
I feel like he's looking more and more like Stephen (especially if I compare to his baby pictures), and I love it!
One of the first things people comment on about Rowland (after mentioning his cuteness of course) is, "He's so serious!" or "He looks so concerned." I think it's partly his little angel kiss birth mark on his forehead, and partly his very defined frontalis muscle (as Steve informs me) in his forehead. It's so funny to me!
| Look at those baby browns!! He totally looks like Steve! |
In the 6 month department, Rowland has now taken to rolling on to his belly, and deciding he's stuck and forgot how to roll back - silly. He also likes to face different directions on his tummy - by twisting his little body he can go around like a clock face.
He is our happy screamer and recent "bah bah bahhher". I'm trying real hard to get him to say, "Mama" but Steve is pretty confident he's going to go with "Dada" - our other two did! Rowland has gotten pretty good at getting out of his Miracle Swaddle once a night, so he inherited Ruby's straight jacket - which helps him sleep better. Once he gets the swing of his arm and hand control, we let him sleep freely (unlike Ruby these days - but that's another story).
He also started solids! His reaction to oatmeal was hilarious! He looked at us like, "Why have you been holding out on me this whole time?" and practically licked the bowl. We've had a few touch and go moments with his digestive system getting used to it, but so far he's tried oatmeal, peas, prunes, and carrots. He LOVES carrots. He's so cute watching him deal with a spoon. ( I know I already posted about this - but I wanted it connected to Rowland's posts.)
![]() |
| Oatmeal! |
![]() |
| There's that frontalis muscle - alive and well! |
![]() |
| Peas! |
![]() |
| After prunes! |
![]() |
| He got moved to a high chair for comfort! |
Rowland's preferences:
Being tickled when he's tired=amazing laughter
Carrots
Still being held face out
Having his legs pumped and played with
Having conversations with whoever will talk to him
Watching his brother and sister play - especially if they're talking to him.
Tickle kisses
Patting the floor with his hands and arms
Chewing on all his toys
Giving his Daddy his "Hey there" smile whenever he comes home
Seriously staring down any camera when it's put in his face
Playing with his voice "bah bah bahhs"
Getting louder and telling sad stories when he wants a nap
Kicking and pumping his legs and patting his hands when he's excited
His current schedule:
7AM - AWAKE - always at this time! eats, hangs with mom
8:30ish Nap
11:30-noonish wake up, nurses, eats some solids, plays with the kids
1:30 Nap
3:30-4ish wake up, nurse, hang out with mom and play with toys, eat some solids
5:30 nap
6:15 wake up, play, johnny jump up, demand to be held by mom until dad gets home, play with dad (bath night every other night or few nights)
7:30-8ish nurse, pjs, scriptures with fam, prayers, bed
10:30 (or just before mom goes to bed) nurse and bed
We just LOVE this boy - he has the complete adoration, devotion, locomotion, punctuation, (just kidding...I'm exhausted as I'm typing this!) but seriously - he is thoroughly and completely loved by ALL of us in his family. Happy 6 months little bug! We love you!







No comments:
Post a Comment