Wednesday, June 10, 2015

June Summer Fun

Lamar has been having CRAZY weather.  Everyone I talk to tells me that it is NEVER like this.  We have had a TON of rain (I'd like to take credit - bringing all the wonderful rain vibes from Oregon that I love and miss).  I feel a little bit like Sarah Plain and Tall ( well not tall ) with the idea of her leaving her ocean, humidity, green, and rain to find a different beauty in the great plains.  

The thunderstorms here are pretty incredible, and the clouds are breathtaking.  I could stare at the sky all day - there is SO MUCH of it to see.  

Anyway - we've had a handful of tornado warnings, and mostly just lots of rain, thunder, and wind.  Everywhere I've gone seeing the gorgeous green trees and grass, I've felt like I was back in Oregon.  I've definitely enjoyed this spring and summer so far!  

Ross started swim lessons this month and has been a much better sport about them than last time. He's been getting more courage putting his face in the water which is great.  Ruby wants to throw herself in of course, so I have her signed up for lessons next week.  We'll see how THAT goes trying to follow instructions...wish us luck!


 One of our thunderstormy nights I decided we needed to set up our little tent for a fun camping inside night (my kind of camping) and we roasted little marshmallows over candles  before watching our family movie in the tent.  Funny how just a tent can make things way more fun!


I think Ruby downed about 20 marshmallows easily.

Aladdin was our movie of choice that the kids had never seen.  Ross was very concerned about where the magic carpet and monkey elephant were all the time.  He didn't want them left out! ;)



We got ourselves a cute shark boy for summer!

Corn on the cob in the summer is a MUST

Ross really loves hanging out with Rowland!

Best buds!




I LOVE this sweet face :)

Ruby's way of wearing her crown - gangsta princess style.


Bling!

One morning this girl wasn't feeling so good - we had to snuggle it better.

Signature silly face!

Went to the park and this one was in dandelion heaven.



I adore this picture of Ruby!

One morning while playing, Rowland wanted to join the adventure on the rocket ship.  They all squeezed in. :)


SO - this is what happens when you're not paying attention to your mischievous two year old who is fascinated by your make-up and plays with it while you're putting it on.  I reached for my blending brush and did not find out until afterwards that she had happily dipped it in the eye shadow thoroughly...girls. :)
One funny Ruby story - we were making a chocolate cake and she kept dipping her fingers in the ingredients to sample them - stinker.  Well, when my back was turned, she had quickly, yet again, dipped her fingers in for a scoop of baking cocoa and shoved it in her mouth before I turned back around.  When I did turn around - I found her trying to scrap off the horrible taste from her tongue like one of the minions from Despicable Me 2, however she couldn't get the cocoa off as quickly.  Hahaha!

And now we're in the process of buying a house...which is a crazy stressful, exciting, not-as-fun-as-you'd-think, but good for us time.  Man - this kind of commitment is rough!  We'll get there though - we'll figure it out.  Things will work out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment