We LOVE Rowland's laughs!
His eyes are getting browner every day and my heart just melts with joy - third time's the charm getting those baby browns to finally be passed on from my gorgeous husband (I guess I just had to tone down my genes a bunch). ;)
He rolls all the time now and has been working on rolling from his back on to his belly. He gets really frustrated trying to figure it out.
He's pretty chubby, but he's still just little. He's my little Rowly Poley bug, and I love it. He just has this little face, arms, legs, and belly that needs to be kissed all the time. It's adorable! He's usually pretty content, but every once in a while he reminds me that, while the other children do need my attention, so does he! He loves to be held face out and part of whatever I'm doing. I have him lay on the floor with his hanging toys while I teach piano lessons sometimes, but he's starting to get a bit more noisy and may need to be kicked out soon. ;)
It's about time for him to move out of our room, but I keep fretting about where to put everyone since we have two bedrooms upstairs and two downstairs....also I have a Ruby who is quite vocal about her disdain for nap or bed time. Ross would REALLY love to be Rowland's roommate though too. Decisions...decisions.
Rowland loves to be kissed under his chin or tickled under his arms. He likes to pat the ground with his arms when he's on his back - he's a definite patter. He also loves to have his back rubbed when you're holding him. I think he can also tell how much he is loved. Ross and Ruby adore him and he just LOVES having their attention. Sibling love makes my heart want to burst - it makes me so incredibly happy. I want them to always have that!
Lately, Rowland has been getting pretty good at getting out of his Miracle Swaddler (like his sister) and loves to kick his legs and wiggle his way out. We may be resorting to the straight jacket swaddle I created. I can't wait till we're all the way done with the swaddle. We just need Rowland to figure out how to leave the binky in his mouth alone and get some more arm and hand control first!
Rowland Preferences:
Being face out
Being carried around to check out what everyone is doing
Laughing when Ross is trying to get him to laugh
Getting blankets put on him by Ruby
Laughing at silly sounds
Being swaddled, binky in, and head turned to the side to sleep with a white noise
Kicking his legs when he's excited
Grabbing and eating anything placed in his hands - and getting mad when he can't fit the whole toy in his mouth.
We just love our little Rowland - life wouldn't fit right without him!

No comments:
Post a Comment