Wednesday, May 27, 2015

4 Month Old Rowland!

Rowland has decided to make time go by WAY to fast.  I cannot believe he is 4 months old!


He is a wonderful delight, and reminds me SO much of Ross when he was a baby - they will definitely look like brothers I think.

Rowland is now 14lbs. 10oz - 31st percentile, 24 inches long - 8th percentile!!  And has a head circumference of 16.25 - 16th percentile.  I'm going to have a couple of wrestlers and and then a Volleyball girl - we have the craziest genes!

He is a little sweetie and everyone thoroughly enjoys having him in our family.  Ross wants to hold him NONSTOP and tells me he wants to have a pretend sleepover with Rowland which means laying him in Ross's bed with him and covering them up with blankets.  It's the cutest thing.



Ruby loves to talk to him like I do, and changes her already little voice (when she's not throwing a tantrum) to an even small, high baby voice for Rowland saying, "Hey lil' guuuuyyy" while caressing his cheek and giving his forehead kisses.  She gets quite put out if he's already been put down for a nap in the morning when she wakes up and doesn't get to see him immediately.  

Rowland LOVES the attention.  He's gotten in to the real belly laughs which just tickles me to death!  I love it!  He loves laughing at anyone who will give him attention.  

He's been eating his hands like crazy, getting crazy drooly, and trying with all his heart to grab his toys that hang above him.  He's getting the control down better.  He also enjoys using his mouth to investigate whatever is in his hand.




Next to his newborn picture - crazy how they change!

Rowland has started noticing when he's left alone and is not happy about that concept one bit.  He still enjoys tummy time as long as his neck holds up, and has decided to become a professional roller.

Eating habits have gone fairly well, but I can't do any nursing in public places, because he is a pretty finicky eater.  Other than that - he is a dream.  He's been a great sleeper, but that horrendous 45 minute intruder has recently been showing itself occasionally during naps, and we've been playing the sneak-in-don't-show-yourself-put-the-binky-in-and-ninja-roll-your-way-out-of-the-room-without-a-sound game lately - boo.  That and Ross's swim lessons have been intruding during morning nap time as well.

Rowland loves to be bounce/tossed in the air, tickled under his chin and arms, being face out still while being held. He does NOT like surprises or getting stepped on by siblings.  He still loves them though and gets over it quickly.

His schedule is roughly like this:
7AM eat, play, tummy time
8:30AM nap
11:30AM eat, play with bro and sis
1:00-1:30ish nap
4PM eat, play with toys, bro and sis
5:30:PM nap
6:30ish wake up and play
7:30 eat, play with dad
8:30 Bedtime
10:30 or right before I go to bed, eat and then back to bed

It's pretty nice - I have the hardest time dropping the late night feeding since I really don't want to play the game of waking up at 4 or 5 to eat again.  

We are seriously loving our little Rowly - he is such a fun baby to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment