![]() |
| Little Sweetie :) |
Ruby is extremely fun to have around - you must watch out for mood changes though - those can be dangerous. ;)
Rubes has many loves in the world - one of the main ones being boots. She LOVES boots. She has some pink ones I scored at my last bins run in Oregon that are most likely too small for her, but she still seems to find them and have them on her feet 24/7. She loves stomping around in them and putting them on herself. Any shoe she can get on herself is a winner.
She loves her hippo and her "blank-ily" as she calls it and loves putting her blanket on her head while walking around in her boots.
Pretending she's going somewhere is also fun. She'll yell, "Bye! See ya later! Have a good trip!" as she stomps in her boots out of the room, comes back and then repeats it over again.
She LOVES tea parties - and calls them "my parties" all the time and prefers to hold your teacup up to your mouth for you.
She goes through phases of foods - cheerios was a main one for a while, and then she recently has loved frosted mini wheats. She loves apples - BIG apples - which means a big slice (just like Ross) that she chomps on while going about her playtime. She could down an entire box of Mac and Cheese if I let her I think - while Ross has to be poked and prodded to finish his meal of it.
Ruby has learned the deliciousness of candy and asks for it constantly - even though I only let her have it MAYBE once a week. She definitely has a sweet tooth.
Today, in fact, as we were getting buckled in the car to leave church, she was having a meltdown, and in the midst of it, saw a piece of a candycane on the floormat, and yelled, "My candy! I dropped it! Dang it!" She's not even 2 yet! And she has learned "Dang it" and can use it properly in its context....oh heaven help us.
She is extremely fast. Ruby always seems to find things that she should not be in to, and knows how to juke away from you with an added flair. I'm not just saying for me - in my slow pregnant body. Stephen has ended up on his rump more than once trying to fake out Ruby in order to catch her with whatever unsafe thing she has in her hands at the time.
When I get her up in the morning, if she's in a good mood, she'll make her voice high and sweet saying, "Good morning!" and "Had good dreams" "Good sleep" which always melts me.
Sometimes, when she's NOT in a great mood - she has crazy meltdown tantrums. Steve calls her a fainting goat during these. She makes her body go rigid in her tantrum and collapses to the ground. It's pretty hilarious.
Sundays are funny days, because she'll throw a tantrum getting changed into her dress...yet when church is over and we try to take her out of it, we get another tantrum....fun fun fun!
Ruby does really well now in nursery though which is wonderful.
Her favorite Primary songs are "Once there was a Snowman" "I am a child of God" and "Do as I'm doing". Some of her favorite other songs are "Let it go" "Frosty the Snowman" "Jingle Bells" and any of the Winnie the Pooh songs. It's amazing to me how quickly she picks up songs too. She can know words from the chorus or part of it after listening to it one time. It's crazy! She definitely loves singing.
She usually requests "Let it Go" before going to bed as well as "Pearly Shells". She cracks me up being in the same room as Ross, because if she ever wakes up before Ross, I can hear here yelling, "Hey Ross! Rooooossss!" to try and get him up as well. She'll also yell, "Mommy, where are you?! Daddy?! Ross!" in the morning as well.
Ruby, like her brother, is a lover of books (score for mom!) and I'll catch her upstairs in their room sitting in the glider looking at books for quite a while. Some of her favorites are: Five Little Pumpkins, Goodnight Moon, Shoe-la-la, (figures right?) and Pete the Cat. If she's not interested in a book you're reading, you can forget about her sticking around.
She still loves brushing her teeth, and is starting to get an interest in potty training - telling me she needs to go potty, getting on the potty, and having nothing happen. I think she likes being big like Ross.
She would stay all day in the tub with the tub crayons if I let her. Having free reign to draw on everything in there is extremely satisfying for her since I have to regulate her whenever there is any sort of writing utensil in her hand elsewhere.
She LOVES to color and wants to do it ALL the time. She also loves stickers and decorating your hands with them.
Her vocabulary is crazy and extensive. It's nuts to me that I can already have full sentence and phrased conversations with her. She is very with it and knows much better than I give her credit for - maybe it's because I want her to stay my baby more - I'm in denial.
Ruby is great as saying prayers and loves to bless everyone in our family, along with pillows, blank-ilies, fans, drinks, and anything else she can see around her.
We are definitely all growing up too fast around this house, and I have NO idea how she's going to be with this new baby. I'm hoping she'll be excited and wanting to help all the time. She loves to help with other babies she sees - so lets hope for the best! :) We love our Ruby - that's for sure. :)









No comments:
Post a Comment