Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy New Year! 2015

It was touch and go whether or not Steve's family was going to come to visit us.  The weather decided to take a crazy snowy turn, but we were dying to see Meghan who just got home from her mission, so they made the trek.  We were so excited to see them!

Also - I really wanted a picture of Ross and Ruby in their Sunday Christmas clothes which I missed for actual Christmas...here's the cheat ones I took like a week and a half later. :)


This is Ross's fake-laugh-for-the-camera face :)  Ruby is just into candy.





My Handsome Ross :)

Cutie Ruby :)


We DID go out and play in the snow while we waited for them to come though.  I do have to say - the snow here is NOT snowman-making worthy.  It was pretty powdery and impossible to pack into even a snowball.  Also - we went out in 17 degree weather - we were desperate - and the kids, being SO excited to go outside lasted a total of about 7 minutes before fingers and noses were too cold to handle it anymore.  They sure looked cute in their snow clothes though. 

Ross can't wait to go outside and dig in the snow. :)








Cute Snow Girl

And we're done!








The New Year's celebrations consisted of playing lots of board games, watching movies, taking turns playing with Ross and Ruby, eating a bunch of things unhealthy, checking out the antique store here, going to the best restaurant here - Thai Spicy, and getting to FINALLY see the third Hobbit movie which we all enjoyed.  It was our first time to the movie theater here - which I'm pretty sure used to be an actual theater for plays and musicals.  I actually like it - a charming sort of feel.  We made the silly mistake thinking we may need to get tickets early - when we called to see if that was necessary - the owner pretty much laughed and said he'd be pretty surprised if it sold out.  Another perk of little towns. :)  

We played this GREAT game called Bubble talk which is pretty much like Apples to Apples except with a random picture and choosing captions for it.  We laughed pretty hard.  I would recommend this game to anyone!


Our Meghan is home!  We are SO glad to have her back. :)


Ross and Ruby pretty much wanted to play with Auntie Meghan 24/7 :)





Love these two :)

Ross and Ruby LOVED having uncles and an aunt to play with them as well as Grandpa and Grandma - mom was getting pretty old news and dad wasn't far behind seeing how all our new little friends had gotten sick over the holidays. 

We toasted in the New Year thanks to Meghan and I - no one else was quite in the spirit of it - SO glad to have our fun-loving Meghan back with us!  We made some resolutions and then some more unhealthy things to polish it off. :) We were so sad to see family go, but glad to spend some of our holiday time with them.  Happy New Year! 

Meghan and I  - the actual ones in the spirit of toasting the New Year!

Michael overdoing it on the sparkling cider :)




I am DEFINITELY looking pregnant all over here - sheesh!


The next morning ;)  Cartoon watching.







No comments:

Post a Comment