Monday, December 2, 2013

Grinched and a House Tour

Well, I must say moving in the middle of December is the pits...worse than the pits...like the armpit of the pits.  I get SO excited for the holidays and having fun putting decorations up for Halloween and Thanksgiving - which just builds up to Christmas - the best holiday of the year.  And instead of pulling out my boxes to decorate the place, I'm pulling out boxes to take down our home.  It's incredibly depressing.  I feel like I've been grinched.  Some grinch named "Time To Move" has stolen this fun Christmas spirit away from me and instead I've been kicked outside to watch everyone else set up Christmas through a window.  BLAH.

I'm attempting to still be somewhat Christmasy despite the stress that we STILL haven't found a place to move yet (yep - we're moving in two weeks), that we need to pack up, put in our notice that we're leaving, change our address, and haul everything the 800 miles back to Utah.  Can you see how Christmas time has been stolen from me?! 

In my endeavor to keep Christmas around at least a little bit, we've been listening to Christmas tunes non stop, had hot chocolate (mostly at Ross's request) more than just a few times, and watched a few Christmas movies (Ross saw A Muppet's Christmas Carol for the first time - LOVED it) as well as singing Christmas songs.  We're trying here people - we're trying.  But I find myself getting grumpy because I can't just relax and get swept away with all the Christmas fun - Elf on the Shelf, Christmas chains, lights, decorations, going to Christmas activities...there's some, but it's just not the same when you have to move states in the middle of it all.  I don't wish that on anyone. 

Okay - there's my venting.  I've been grinched, but I'm not going to let him get the best of me! There WILL be Christmas spirit - there HAS to be! :)  On that note - here on some pictures of our still put together house.

Happy December to you all!
Family Room/Living Room/Computer Room/Music Room/Dining Room/Toy Room


Our little kitchen


The master bedroom



Ruby's room


A free glider we got from a friend I recovered and LOVE!  First time I ever re-covered something. :)


Ross's room




The legendary "Rocker."  I was rocked in this bad boy as a baby.  Ross is addicted to it and loves to be snuggled in this chair!
And for those of you who are dying for something to do - here's a video tour...yes I'm that sentimental.





  

1 comment:

  1. You'll be glad you took pictures I'm sure... in the future when Wes asks about what our Oregon house looked like I'm going to refer him to your blog.

    And I agree with you wholeheartedly about feeling grinched. Cam thought he was getting out of a tree - I told him not by a longshot. Although it's probably going to be decorated with salt-dough ornaments and paper snowflakes ;)

    ReplyDelete