| Nothing cooler than reading books with your hat backwards |
He LOVES to play with his trucks and tractors still and has lately gotten into Monster Trucks. Steve and I have decided we've been indulging him a bit too much with trucks so we're trying to expand his horizons. At the library I only got him one truck book and the rest about animals, counting, ABCs, and colors...guess which one he keeps reverting back to? The Monster Truck book. Oh well - we'll keep trying.
He was loved and coddled like crazy in Utah and is now relearning how to share. His good buddy Wes came back for a week from Connecticut and they both had a little revisit to that idea of sharing. :) They had fun catching up though - we even got to go to his fun Elmo birthday party before he left back to Connecticut.
| Thumbing through a few books while the boys catch up. |
"This is a really good one!" |
Ross's vocabulary is expanding and he's using more sentences which still floor me a little - he's grasping so many more concepts (though he still thinks knowing colors is dumb and a waste of time), and is always overhearing my and Steve's conversations - especially when they are about him. He always chimes in whenever we're telling a story about Ross. He loves Ruby and likes to hold her or her hands all the time. I LOVE watching them interact with each other. It melts my heart every time. I'm sure the sibling fights will show up soon enough, but I'd like to think these two will be best buds.
Ross loves a good cuddle, still hooks his feet over each other when he sits - like when he was a baby. I've also found that dancing is a new favorite of his. It involves running around in circles and waving your arms like a gorilla - super fun! He loves singing and will sing songs to himself all the time - like "Choo choo choo -what's coming down the track?" or "Fee-fi-fiddle-ee-i-o, fee-fi-fiddle-ee-i-o-o-o-o,Fee-fi-fiddle-ee-i-oooooo! Strummin' on the ol' banjo!" (Yelled at the end of course). He also likes to say "L, M, N, O, P" for whenever he's telling me he sees letters in the alphabet. If we're meeting some friends and they want a high five, Ross likes to look at me with a big ol' cheeser first before consenting to give a high five.
He likes playing ball outside with dad and having a good swing at the swings and collecting pine cones to throw somewhere as well. He gets up around 8 in the morning, has breakfast, plays/helps mom and dad with housework, has a snack around 10, lunch around noon, and a nap around 1:30 or 2 until 4:30 or 5. We have dinner and play some more before the bedtime routine of bath(every other night), brush teeth, pjs, scriptures, prayers, stories, a song, and bed at 8 or 8:30. Ruby does the same thing with us. I'm liking more of this family togetherness with scriptures, prayers, and bed routine - it feels oh so good!
| Ross was holding Rubes...and decided he was done before I could get the camera out - love these faces. :) |
Ross is remembering things a lot longer these days which is fun (and not so fun sometimes) and likes to connect things he knows with all the new things around him. I love reading books with him more and more. He's more interested every time we read one. He's my little snuggle bug too. I have a song I made up for him and one for Ruby and he's always asking me to sing them to him. I love it. He's still his dad's number one fan and always wants to know where he is if he's not in the room.
Potty training feels like it's around the corner...sigh. I've dreaded this from the day he was born. We've found that Ross likes to box himself in a corner when it's time to do his "business" and tells us "Ross poop right there" when he does it. Hilarious! We've got to start gearing up for it and also start thinking about a toddler bed....which will also be crazy with how active he is when he sleeps. Oh well - there's always a new step to take. :)
| Who is that hiding? |
| I guess we'll never know...he won't show us. :) He's too cool in his hat. |
Ross is just growing into the cutest little boy that I love more and more. He likes to wrestle and run with his dad, but he can be so sweet and sensitive to Ruby and me. He tells me with a heartbreaking frown on his face that his "tummy hurts" whenever his feelings get a little hurt or he feels bad about something. He's a bit dramatic when he gets hurt at times, but can also be fairly easily distracted. I love my Rosco bug and can't handle him getting so big!
| He's SUCH a good brother :) |
| He is the handsomest boy in the world - just like his Daddy. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment